I hate when people try to talk different

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I hate when people from the hood try to sound preppy and girls from the Suberbs try to sound hood. shyt just don't sound natural at all.

This girl at work she stay in the projects yet she tries her best to sounds like a white girl. I be wanting to tell her STFU SOMETIMES!! How yu mess up a beautiful New Orleans accent to try to sound white. I'm not saying talk ghetto but at least talk natural.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Speaking properly is talking white. Black people think so highly of themselves. The more educated you are the less heavy your accent is btw...

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
I hate when people from the hood try to sound preppy and girls from the Suberbs try to sound hood. shyt just don't sound natural at all.

This girl at work she stay in the projects yet she tries her best to sounds like a white girl. I be wanting to tell her STFU SOMETIMES!! How yu mess up a beautiful New Orleans accent to try to sound white. I'm not saying talk ghetto but at least talk natural.

Is she trying to sound white, or is she just trying to sound professional?

Speaking properly DOES NOT equal speaking white. Its natual for humans to adjust their style of speech to accommodate the company they're in as well. When I'm at work my speech is more proper, and at an even tone. When I'm at home I'm loud and I curse. When I'm in the south visiting family I notice I use verbiage I would never use in california.

On a completely separate note, this thread reminded me of my sister. She went to New York for like 3 months, then came home talkin with a new york accent. :russ: we would be at high school and people would be like, why you talk normal but your sister got a new york accent? :usure: then my sis would get off from school and come home n talk normal again.

Team Arliss

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obigym2pe4gb.gif