I have a coworker who needs to be reported.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
But I can't bring myself to do it. I think it's because he is 72 and I never had to supervise/train someone who is that much older than me. Like this is somebodys grand pappy. He acts like he has a hard time seeing and hearing. When you work in radio broadcasting you have to be quick and his reaction time is terrible smh. He'll cue up the wrong commercials or songs even though we have it written down for him in BIG BRIGHT BLOOD RED LETTERS on the log sheet. this nikka still fukks up. When I talk to him about it he goes into his history in broadcasting and how they use to do it when he was young :snoop:. He also continuously mentions how another coworker, who was actually suppose to train him before throwing him to the wolves, didn't show him how to stack. Digicarts are old as fukk just like him so he should be familiar with one but whatever :why:. I know some elderly people can't afford to retire in this economical climate and I know it's the holiday season. I've overheard his children on the phone cussing him out over something he forgot to do at home :mjcry:. They are brutal and they talk to him rough. I think thats what got to me. I've told him to tell the station manager he needs more training but he says they told him "you'll learn as you go along" :mindblown:. He also says he really can't afford to loose this job and I know just how :mjpls: the station manager can be. They've been firing board operators left and right. For the most part I've been covering for him and I only lost my temper with him once lol. Im trying but when me covering for you starts to interfere with what I have to do, we have a problem :francis:. I like and need my job too smh.
How would yall handle this? He's been here for 3 weeks and two days. Trained a week and a half prior to starting.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You need to have a real, heart to heart conversation with the old breh and be brutally honest.
You have to be very clear on how poorly he's performing and the possible consequences.

You seem empathetic to the dude and the situation so maybe offer to give him another crash training course during off hours?
If he's not receptive and keeps making excuses, hey, you tried. :ld:

You can't save everyone.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
If he's been in broadcasting for years and is 72 he's been gainfully employed for some time.

Like when do you actually retire in America?
Most retire like in their mid to late 60s but alot of older people aren't prepared for retirement nowadays.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
maybe offer to give him another crash training course during off hours?
Yeah I stayed after my shift a few times to show him some things. One of those times is when I overheard his kids go in on him over the phone. "Where you at?!!! Why you ain't do such and such?!!!":damn:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I use to work in broadcasting , master control ops for a short time...

Gotta be quick with those commercials and promos, live event sucks ass...

Daps
Reppin
St louis
trap door that old cracka.

you: i'm sorry ralph.:snoop:
ralph: it's cool....you played the game well.:mjpls:
you: huh?:dahell:
ralph: i've been gunning for yo black ass since i got here.:ufdup:
you::wtf:
ralph: youre a smart ******.:mjpls:
you: the fukk you say cracka:gucci:
ralph: were good ******.....youre a real savage:ld:
you: youre pissing me off.:stopitslime:
ralph: I let my guards down.....i only pissed in your coffee.:manny:
you: you mutha fukka!:gucci:
supervisor: no way ralph said the n-word:beli:
ralph: spongebob loves icecream:francis:
you::gucci:
ralph: take it easy spear chucker.:myman:

wat6rr.jpg

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Low key This is something I've always wanted to do. Work at a sports radio station

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
trap door that old cracka.

you: i'm sorry ralph.:snoop:
ralph: it's cool....you played the game well.:mjpls:
you: huh?:dahell:
ralph: i've been gunning for yo black ass since i got here.:ufdup:
you::wtf:
ralph: youre a smart ******.:mjpls:
you: the fukk you say cracka:gucci:
ralph: were good ******.....youre a real savage:ld:
you: youre pissing me off.:stopitslime:
ralph: I let my guards down.....i only pissed in your coffee.:manny:
you: you mutha fukka!:gucci:
supervisor: no way ralph said the n-word:beli:
ralph: spongebob loves icecream:francis:
you::gucci:
ralph: take it easy spear chucker.:myman:

wat6rr.jpg

Lol 1 Ralph is black
2 Ralph name is Victor
Oh shyt :pachaha: I wasn't trying to violate it's just I have a new coworker named Victor who should be retired but he refuses to give up the ghost lmao! That's what inspired the thread really

3 If Ralph ever tried something like that he'd get the poligrip knocked out his mouth

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
Low key This is something I've always wanted to do. Work at a sports radio station
It's fun for the most part. It's fast paced and it's only stressful in situations like this. Someone not being prepared properly.