I have become obsessed with recycling...

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
been on the RRR wave since 2011. I attended a Zero Waste symposium in my area and was :ohhh:at the ZW concept.

I've had to take my trash out only once a month ever since. Everything else is diverted to recycling. The sad thing is that we still use too much, so I've been focused on reducing too. So much of the materials we drop off at recycling bins are shipped to countries like Viet Nam, the Philippines, and China to be remade into new materials (e.g. sheet plastic, filament, sheet aluminum, etc.), but they can't keep up with how much we dump on them that they fall off of barges and piers and into the ocean. The sad thing is those countries are "credited" with waste of those materials, and they're chastised by the UN and environmental groups for it.

Daps
... don't know why, just happened all of a sudden over the past few months.

Recycle brehs...

Great thread. I drink a lot of bottled water and I had the random thought a month or so ago that I should be recycling.

Can you give more info about what you do?

I remember when we were growing up in the 90s and they had all of those recyclying PSA's but you never see anything like that anymore. So I wouldn't even know where to start as far as recycling.

Do you a little change from doing it?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
shyt sad that only a very small percentage of items placed in recycle bins actually get recycled.

The recycle facilities don't even recycle the majority of the items they receive.

The energy used to recycle is more than it takes to make something new. :dead:

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Great thread. I drink a lot of bottled water and I had the random thought a month or so ago that I should be recycling.

Can you give more info about what you do?

I remember when we were growing up in the 90s and they had all of those recyclying PSA's but you never see anything like that anymore. So I wouldn't even know where to start as far as recycling.

Do you a little change from doing it?
I don't have to do much since there are large recycling bins a couple of miles from where I live.

I separate aluminum,glass, plastics, paper and cardboard and drive over there and dump them.

I live in Alexandria VA, where a couple of years ago they put an extra tax on plastic bags stores. I've noticed a lot more people going to stores with dedicated grocery sacks now.