I Honestly Believe That Justice League/JLU Is The Best Cartoon Of Our Generation

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
In all seriousness: Season One of Justice League was hit or miss for me (a fact that Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie agree on). It had it's moments (Injustice For All, The Savage World) but it had a lot of filler.

But season two? :ohlawd: Darkseid/Brainiac team up (Twilight), The Amazo and Dr. Destiny episodes (Tabula Rosa and Only A Dream), Grundy's death (The Terror Beyond), The Secret Society, Alternate Universe Justice League fukking shyt up (A Better World), Superman's "death" (Hereafter), Joker being a formidable foe for the JL with The Royal FLush Gang (Wild Cards and one of the best Batman/Joker fights ever) , and of course Starcrossed. :krs: :eek: :bow:

Then, they just upped the ante in JLU with the Cadmus story arc which is one of the best arcs in the DCAU. They also had a lot of good stand alone episodes (For The Man Who Has Everything, The Cat and the Canary, This Little Piggy, Kids Stuff, Double Date). And Epilogue - the true season finale to Batman Beyond :blessed:. So much piff for one episode. I'm surprised it could handle it.

Season 3 of JLU, while a bit of a step down was also piff with a lot of great Flash centered episodes (Flash and Substance and The Great Brain Robbery) and not to mention the finale with Darkseid returning and the LOD and JL having to team up to save the world.

So much awesome sauce. :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
jl,jlu and young justice are what cartoons should be

i still hold xmen tas and batman tas and even spiderman the one that was on fox with peter parker wearing the marbolo color polo dear to my heart but they aint touching jl and jlu

those Starcrossed episodes wow

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
You just might be right.

One of the few cartoons i can enjoy as an adult without the nostalgia attached to it.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all seriousness: Season One of Justice League was hit or miss for me (a fact that Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie agree on). It had it's moments (Injustice For All, The Savage World) but it had a lot of filler.

I tried to go back and re-watch Justice League and season one was ass. I didn't make it to season 2 but now that you've given me this perspective, I will go back.

Until I do, Young Justice > JL.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I tried to go back and re-watch Justice League and season one was ass. I didn't make it to season 2 but now that you've given me this perspective, I will go back.

Until I do, Young Justice > JL.

think of season 1 as the foundation. It deff picks up by season 2.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely up there. I'm a Batman stan and I don't mind a person saying they rank it about Batman TAS. But for me Batman TAS is at the top. But those were two different eras I think. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either show.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Batman TAS origin episodes of Season 1 is better than any DC cartoon show ever put out but JLU was fun to watch translated and the writing was strong. Not surprising since Conroy was the centerpiece of the best shyt.