I honestly didn't realize how short Chris Jericho actually is

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
As I'm going through these old Jericho threads which @El Villano Ingobernable is so infuriated and raging mad over I came across this

lVH7pZU.jpg

And upon watching old Jericho videos, now I finally have more of an understanding on why Triple H and certain guys didn't like Jericho. He's short. These heights they get billed at are always inflated. I always thought Jericho was 6 feet at least. But he's probably 5'9" at most. Him standing next to Chris Benoit they're damn near the same height with Jericho maybe an inch taller or shorter depending on how they're standing..

2cc9f-1515112708-500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

dc5bdb9974c1d3adc0f7902dd64fcf2a.jpg

CmS8W56WYAEywAp.jpg

Benoit was definitely short and I never once considered him 6 feet. Also, Jericho isn't lean so it makes him look even shorter. Maybe it was the long hair and the lifts he wore which gave him a 6 foot boost to me back then.

This is why Triple H could never flat out lose to him in a fair fight. Also explains why he got written as a chickenshyt heel when he won the undisputed championship. You can't let a guy like Triple H who has arguably one of the best physiques after Batista, lose to a guy that's 4-5 inches shorter and smaller all around. I think a guy like Trip looks at Jericho and can't understand all the pops/hype he gets. Also the whole Chyna thing when he first started.

Though Jericho is a good entertainer/worker his presence and physique doesn't command respect and in an alpha male world like wrestling , that means a lot. Guys like Brock, Goldberg (yes I know about the fight w. Jericho), Cena, Taker, Triple H, Rock, Batista, Hogan, etc are all big dudes you wouldn't try to mess with in real life. Jericho is one of those "I think I could take him :patrice:" type guys which isn't what you want your main stars to be.

Last edited:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Don’t know why used that Inside the NBA studio pic as a point of reference

Kenny Smith is 6’3, Chuck is 6’5, Shaq is 7’0 and Ernie is 6’2..

All those dudes are tall, and 3 of them were NBA players lol

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps

I'm aware. But you would think a big wrestler would at least be Earnie's height. The point I'm making is there's no intimidation factor when it comes to Jericho. Triple H called him a sawed-off midget :mjlol:

Ill-Yaz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5 star thread

Size should matter in wrestling. Its one of my gripes with the modern product where cruiserweights can compete and even beat heavyweights. I dont buy it.

WCW were tremendous in that sense. Cruiserweights were not seen as a match for heavyweights. When a cruiserweight beat a heavyweight it was always a fluke win or through outside intereference.

Last edited:

Ill-Yaz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte

shyt cracked me up, I’d be kinda tight if someone called me short and the pic they used is me standing next to Shaq :dahell:

Ill-Yaz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did you throw that Triple H love in there? :mjlol:

What was Triple Hs excuse against Booker T then? :patrice:

That was on creative and Vince

When you watch a movie and find something offensive do you blame the actor or the writer/director?