I Just Fell For A Phishing Scam Y'all (They Got The Last 4 Digits of my SSN) :mjcry:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
So I'm checking my school's email, and I see an email that says I need to submit documents for my financial aid to go through. The shyt's looking shady so I google the website, go on a site that verifies if a website is legit or a scam and the site says it's legit.

I google the website to make sure and it seems legit. It even had the green lock to the left of the url. So I go to create an account and it asks me for my email, name, last 4 digits of my social security etc. Then after I put all that in, it sends me a pin number. I try to login the account AND THAT shyt AIN'T WORKING!

THEY GOT THE LAST FOUR DIGITS OF MY SOCIAL SECURITY Y'ALL :damn: :mjcry:

I ran system restore immediately after, deleted the email from my phone and am now running a full scan on my computer. I NEVER fall for this type of shyt :sadbron:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
You got fished alright :francis:

giphy.gif

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
What should I do y'all?! Should I contact the social security and tell my school's IT department?

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What does that mean?
It means no new credit cannot be issued without a 10 digit pin provided.

Pretty much a bank or lender will not be able to extend you credit unless you unfreeze your credit reports so they can check your history. So if someone is trying to do something shady with your info they won't succeed without the PIN number to unfreeze your credit reports.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
It means no new credit cannot be issued without a 10 digit pin provided.

Pretty much a bank or lender will not be able to extend you credit unless you unfreeze your credit reports so they can check your history. So if someone is trying to do something shady with your info they won't succeed without the PIN number to unfreeze your credit reports.
Thanks. What are the 3 credit bureaus and how do I go about doing this?