I just gave the positive HIV results to the wrong person.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
A few months ago I had one of the craziest days in my medical career and I can't believe I haven't been fired.

As you all know , STD's have been on the rise lately and I've been having a lot of patients with positive results for all kinds of STD's

Herpes , Gonorehhea , Vaginosis , Clamidya but we all know that the scary one is that House In Virginia. I always dread giving the results for that one.

It does take a toll on you , having to tell people ...mostly young people that they have that HIV.

enough context , ill tell yall what happened that sad day.

I have these pair of siblings , brother and sister ...really nice young woman and young man. An older brother and his lil sister to be precise.
Her name is Michelle , his is Michael. Make a mental note of these two similar names.

I been their general doctor for about 7 years now , I seen them developed from young teens to full adults so I see them as family as this point.

They came through the office about a week ago for their annual primary check , which involves a full STD check as well.

well ...one of them came back positive. The older brother .

So when something like that happens , I call the patient in and offer them support.

I broke protocol , and decided to call in the sister as well ...just so she could provide support at his weakest moment.

My mind must have been overwhelmed by this terrible news , God I am so stupid .

I just wanted to get this over with . I handed them the results in an envelope , and told this is better if they see it somewhere privately.
my guess is that they went home.

I hop back on my computer in my office to type in what I just did . I opened the letter template that we all use , and we just have to fill the name of the patient.

This is when I see that I typed in her name , instead of his.

Somewhere out there in the world , there's an older brother that believe his lil sister has HIV but its actually him.
I don't know what to do , Coli.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
giphy.gif

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
🧢

I just had my annual with my primary back in August and had the same STD screening and they don't give a fukking envelope for results. Matter fact you don't even have to come back to the office you can get your results online via the app nikka

Edit: this a spin thread I feel stupid for typing all of that

Edit 2

This is a spin of a spin. Yall nikkas hell

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
A few months ago I had one of the craziest days in my medical career and I can't believe I haven't been fired.

As you all know , STD's have been on the rise lately and I've been having a lot of patients with positive results for all kinds of STD's

Herpes , Gonorehhea , Vaginosis , Clamidya but we all know that the scary one is that House In Virginia. I always dread giving the results for that one.

It does take a toll on you , having to tell people ...mostly young people that they have that HIV.

enough context , ill tell yall what happened that sad day.

I have these pair of siblings , brother and sister ...really nice young woman and young man. An older brother and his lil sister to be precise.
Her name is Michelle , his is Michael. Make a mental note of these two similar names.

I been their general doctor for about 7 years now , I seen them developed from young teens to full adults so I see them as family as this point.

They came through the office about a week ago for their annual primary check , which involves a full STD check as well.

well ...one of them came back positive. The older brother .

So when something like that happens , I call the patient in and offer them support.

I broke protocol , and decided to call in the sister as well ...just so she could provide support at his weakest moment.

My mind must have been overwhelmed by this terrible news , God I am so stupid .

I just wanted to get this over with . I handed them the results in an envelope , and told this is better if they see it somewhere privately.
my guess is that they went home.

I hop back on my computer in my office to type in what I just did . I opened the letter template that we all use , and we just have to fill the name of the patient.

This is when I see that I typed in her name , instead of his.

Somewhere out there in the world , there's an older brother that believe his lil sister has HIV but its actually him.
I don't know what to do , Coli.

contact them and correct the error? :gucci:

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
U got his contact details, right? Shoot him a quick text

'u got da monster😢'