I Left My License Plates On My Car When I Sold It. How Bad Is That?

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
I sold my car to some random dude on craigslist, but left the plates on on accident.

i don't think he's briniging em back (he said he would but i doubt it, it's alreayd been a few days)

what kinds of fukked up shyt can happen?

can anything besides being mailed tickets?

keep in mind my license is already suspeneded so i think if cops see those plates it will instanly show that

WI btw

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
If you turned in the bill of sale you got nothin to worry about :what:

no bill of sale breh, maybe i'm an idiot, but when i bought the car i didn't reemember doing that either.

i'm in WI , i don't think we have that, id have to print one out myself.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
no bill of sale breh, maybe i'm an idiot, but when i bought the car i didn't reemember doing that either.

i'm in WI , i don't think we have that, id have to print one out myself.

You can usually file it online for free anyway on your states department of licensing site. Did you get the dudes name n shyt? I think as long as you signed over the title and he has it you gon' be good

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
You can usually file it online for free anyway on your states department of licensing. Did you get the dudes name n shyt? I think as long as you signed over the title and he has it you gon' be good

yeah, he has the title, and i signed it.

i hope i'm good i just get a paranoid feeling sometimes.

and no, i never got his full name and forgot his first name instantly.

i got his cell number though and he still texted back after car was sold

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Call the dept and tell them your tags are lost/stolen. They will remove your registration. If you do not, the buyer can rack up tickets that will legally be tied to you and be held responsible for. You can also report that the vehicle has been sold and fill out the proper paperwork. Even though you are the seller, the car will not be registered to the new owner until they turn the title in. That's why you make them go to a currency exchange with you to transfer the title right then and there. He could hold on to that title for as long as he wants and you are still legally responsible for that car.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
yeah, he has the title, and i signed it.

i hope i'm good i just get a paranoid feeling sometimes.

and no, i never got his full name and forgot his first name instantly.

i got his cell number though and he still texted back after car was sold

Just ask him for his name for the bill of sale because I think he can fukk you over if he fukks up your car. If you don't got it call DOL tomorrow and tell them what happened so your not liable for anything

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
Call the dept and tell them your tags are lost/stolen. They will remove your registration. If you do not, the buyer can rack up tickets that will legally be tied to you and be held responsible for. You can also report that the vehicle has been sold and fill out the proper paperwork. Even though you are the seller, the car will not be registered to the new owner until they turn the title in. That's why you make them go to a currency exchange with you to transfer the title over.

i've never done the bolded before.

but is the tickets thing the worst that can happen?

he can't steal my identify or open up bank accounts or credit cards or shyt in my name right??

i'm just feeling paranoid right now, but he does have my plates, my car, the registartion, my full name, etc

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

he can't steal my identify or open up bank accounts or credit cards or shyt in my name right??

i'm just feeling paranoid right now, but he does have my plates, my car, the registartion, my full name, etc
They can't open any accounts or anything no. But being tied to a car that you don't own can cause way more problems than you realize. Especially if you don't report your tags stolen. He could ride around in that car, hit someone and walk away. They'd come arrest you as the owner of the vehicle and you'd have to prove you didn't flee a hit and run scene.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic

I never did what breh is talkin about either but everytime I sold a car I immediately went online to report the bill of sale so its no longer a problem. And like I said if he don't give it to you (for whatever reason) then call the department tomorrow and tell them what happened