I Made A Classic Survival Horror Game, If You're Interested...

Legend

Pro
Daps
I've been working on this horror game for almost a year. It's an homage to the PS2-era survival horror such as Silent Hill 2 & 3, Fatal Frame, Clock Tower, Alone in the Dark, etc... So it has identical graphical fidelity to that era. I'm a one-man developer, so it isn't AAA, it's more like a love letter to a time when horror was more psychological, rather than guns and explosions.

I recently got the game approved on Steam, so if you have an affinity for those PS2 era classics, and thinking of supporting, you're welcome to wish list it.

Last edited:

Legend

Pro
Daps
Definitely reminds me of RE also.

Random unsolicited advice, but you might want to hype up the horror aspect a bit more in the trailer. The music/scenes come across as a non-horror point and click game until the tail end of the trailer.

True; I plan on making another trailer before the game releases. This was more stylized than substantive.

Is it really scary?
:lupe:

I'm gonna cop but let me know if i have to play with the lights on.

Well, If you feel comfortable playing with the lights off, I haven't done my job.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I copped the Silent hill collection digitally for Xbox one...it didn’t age well at all.
Crazy props to you for making the game though. Anything you can tell us about the process?
As gamers I’m sure a bunch of us has wished at one point they could make a game of their own. How difficult was it for you? Did you create assets yourself or download everything from somewhere specific?

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
I've been working on this horror game for almost a year. It's an homage to the PS2-era survival horror such as Silent Hill 2 & 3, Fatal Frame, Clock Tower, Alone in the Dark, etc... So it has identical graphical fidelity to that era. I'm a one-man developer, so it isn't AAA, it's more like a love letter to a time when horror was more psychological, rather than guns and explosions.

I recently got the game approved on Steam, so if you have an affinity for those PS2 era classics, and thinking of supporting, you're welcome to wish list it.

I'm open to any questions as well, as to the game development process and such.

Here's some footage of the game.

9UTC9rj.gif

LvIfTQb.gif

fQDvB2k.gif

A little stylistic YouTube trailer I made:

I have a discord for the game's updates and such:

Join the Tsunami Studios Discord Server!

Bravo !