I need some hair help

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
I want to do this to my hair for a while
snoop-dogg-14.jpg

I've already started growing an Afro (4 maybe 5 months) and don't plan on getting a hair cut for a very long time.
Any suggestions has what to do next?

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
A relaxer. That's how his hair does it.

I'm not going to lie to you never put anything in my hair. The only things I every used was a pick, come, shampoo or brush. How exactly does relaxing your hair work?

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not going to lie to you never put anything in my hair. Where is the family set a pick cone shampoo or brush. How exactly does relaxing your hair work?
Relaxing is a chemical process that straightens i.e relaxes your hair. You can youtube it, I'm sure there is a video that can give you insight into the process. I wouldn't advise you do that. You can get your hair "pressed"...sometimes referred to as a silk press, where they will use heat that gives the same texture that a relaxer does, but if it gets wet or you sweat, your hair reverts back. That could be something you tried first. A Dominican salon or hair stylist should be able to do it.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Relaxing is a chemical process that straightens i.e relaxes your hair. You can youtube it, I'm sure there is a video that can give you insight into the process. I wouldn't advise you do that. You can get your hair "pressed"...sometimes referred to as a silk press, where they will use heat that gives the same texture that a relaxer does, but if it gets wet or you sweat, your hair reverts back. That could be something you tried first. A Dominican salon or hair stylist should be able to do it.

Are you talkin about chemicals? I thought this was just a special type of shampoo wash. I'm not going to put any chemicals in my hair because I work out a lot . Sorry about my ignorance I grew up with just boys.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you talkin about chemicals? I thought this was just a special type of shampoo wash. I'm not going to put any chemicals in my hair because I work out a lot . Sorry about my ignorance I grew up with just boys.

Yes, a relaxer is chemicals and that's how Snoop gets his hair to be that way. If you'd like you straighten your hair without chemicals to achieve a similar style, you'd need to get it pressed out first, with some form of heat...flat iron, straightening comb, blow dryer or combination, but it won't last as long as a chemical relaxer.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Blowout, Press/flat iron and gel

don’t forget to do your baby hairs like Lori Harvey they’re fab

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Hold?

Braid the back?

How do I do this?

These are the actual names of the products, any brand/travel sizes should be decent if you’re not trying to make this your forever style.

Wash your hair, apply mousse, blow dry (use heat protectant) it to 99% dry and brush it back into a ponytail. Use a hold gel for your edges and once it fully dries, spray with hold spray. When you run wear a headband.

For the braid:

See number 2, low braid-I looked up black men but all the styles are fully braided. You can do a three or two part-section the back of the pony into two or three sections and wrap around each other til you get to the end, seal with a tiny rubber band.

Man braid: yay or nay?

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
All that isnt necessary. Like we dont even know your hair type or length.

Snoops hair is just literally in a ponytail. With twisted ends or a bubble pony.

Sleek hair

Stretch hair before for more length

Ponytail:

A man

Superstar
Daps
his hair is maybe 8 inches in that photo. i don't think u gonna get a ponytail all the way back with less than 2 inches. cornrows for now might be your best bet