I need some help understanding the Trump indictment from the DOJ regarding January 6th.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I need help understanding. :manny: I remember the January 6th Committee sent evidence to the DOJ regarding Trump trying to overturn the election. Yesterday I was hearing the SCOTUS questions regarding Colorado removing Trump from the ballot. Personally, I think they are going to side with Trump but I'm trying to figure one thing after all of these indictments. Had Trump ever been tried and convicted of the January 6th insurrection? If not, why didn't he appear in court for it. I may be way off base but if someone could explain it I would appreciate it.

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need help understanding. :manny: I remember the January 6th Committee sent evidence to the DOJ regarding Trump trying to overturn the election. Yesterday I was hearing the SCOTUS questions regarding Colorado removing Trump from the ballot. Personally, I think they are going to side with Trump but I'm trying to figure one thing after all of these indictments. Had Trump ever been tried and convicted of the January 6th insurrection? If not, why didn't he appear in court for it. I may be way off base but if someone could explain it I would appreciate it.

He just lost appeal trying to say that he was immune from prosecution from what happened on January 6th. He’s probably going to try to appeal one more time to the Supreme Court. The Colorado incident is separate. The state was saying they have the power to remove him from the ballot.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
He just lost appeal trying to say that he was immune from prosecution from what happened on January 6th. He’s probably going to try to appeal one more time to the Supreme Court. The Colorado incident is separate. The state was saying they have the power to remove him from the ballot.
So since he lost the appeal, he will be on trail? I had them mixed up and thought it was something else.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Section c of the 14th amendment states that participation in an insurrection is enough to be ineligible to hold office.

It goes back to the civil war where just proving that you fought for the confederate army was enough to be deemed ineligible. Think of it as a clause for eligibility instead of an actual crime. It's sort of like the age requirement to be president

Daps

The Colorado Supreme Court made the judgment that Trump did participate in the insurrection. That's what they based their decision on as far as saying that he shouldn't be allowed to appear on the ballot. But Trump hasn't been put on trial for "insurrection" and the Justice Department isn't even charging him with that at this point, probably because that specific charge requires more than they are able to currently prove.

He's being charged with attempting to defraud the United States, obstruction of an official proceeding and conspiring to suppress people's rights to vote.

Here's a link to read in detail:

With that being said, don't be dismayed, brother. I'm not worried. I truly believe that the election will happen before any of these trials conclude and all we have to do is vote for Trump in massive numbers and then all of the trials and charges mean nothing and we will be back to making America great in no time. :salute:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
Why are they removing from the ballot??

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are they removing from the ballot??

Their argument is he is responsible for the insurrection, and states are in control of their voting practices, so they have the right to remove him. They’re saying it didn’t look like it went to well yesterday for the state when they presented their arguments to the Supreme Court , so they’ll probably have to leave him on there.

I guarantee you Obama would be off the ballot and in jail by now if he did that

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
The January 6th trial was suppose to start on March 4th, but it likely be delayed. Trump lawyers delayed the case by going to the courts saying he should have immunity cause he was the President. The district court said he does not get immunity, and this week the court of appeals said the same thing. So he's going to appeal that to the Supreme Court. If the Supreme Court does not take the case, the trial might be able to start soon. If they agree to hear the case then its possible the trial don't start until the summer.

The prosecutor didn't charge Trump with insurrection, probably because that would be very hard to prove and could end in a not guilty verdict. Instead Trump was charged with Conspiracy to Defraud the United States (the fake elector documents scheme), conspiracy against rights (for trying to toss out votes) and Obstruction of Congress Proceeding where they were certifying Biden's victory.

The Colorado thing is separate. It was ordinary Republican and Independent voters who got representation from a liberal legal organization because they believed Trump shouldn't be on the ballot since January 6th was an insurrection and the Constitution says any officer who engaged in rebellion or insurrection against the United States is not eligible to hold office.

The Colorado Supreme Court disqualified Trump off the Colorado ballot based on what the constitution says. Trump has appealed that to the US Supreme Court. The hearing was yesterday and they all seemed to pour cold water on the idea of a state being able to take him off the ballot. They will overturn Colorado's decision.