I never knew the old school band "War" was this good

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
IDK their history....I figured it was cholo stoner music....boi was I wrong....they from out there?
Legendary band to me.

MjEwLnBuZw.jpeg

“…the band's goal was to spread a message of brotherhood and harmony, using instruments and voices to speak out against racism, hunger, gangs, crimes, and turf wars, and promote hope and the spirit of brotherhood.”

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
People do the same shyt to Earth, Wind, and Fire lol. People think it’s empty cookout music but miss out on the lyrics and other songs on the albums.

EWF songs, outside of the singles, were all about Afrocentricity, Black empowerment, loving other black people, Pan-Africanism, group preservation, dealing with depression/stress, mysticism, natural healing, meditation, all kinds of shyt. All everybody remembers is the “Ba-Dee-ya’s” and “Way-ohhs”. War is the same way, people just recall the chorus. A lot of music from that time is super deep, catchy, and relatable, in all the best ways.
Damn guess I got some digging to do because you described me to a tee with both groups

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Legendary band to me.

MjEwLnBuZw.jpeg

“…the band's goal was to spread a message of brotherhood and harmony, using instruments and voices to speak out against racism, hunger, gangs, crimes, and turf wars, and promote hope and the spirit of brotherhood.”

I had to double take because I thought I saw Badlands Chuggs on the left.