I never understood why Freddie Gibbs was so mad at Jeezy

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
TM101 is a classic in spite of Jeezy's rapping, not because of it. There are people that swear by that album and feel it is a classic that think Jeezy was trash on that album. Jeezy got over on ad libs and the one liners and the production. Even Jeezy was going around talking about how he wasn't a rapper. His whole "motivational speaker" approach to rap is what made him. When he started to really rap, Jeezy's music took a hit.

No it was because of the rapping

Metaphors and multis don’t make you a good rapper

The recession was his rappin peak and that shyt was fire

TM101 was his peak

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
From my understanding there was a podcast Gibbs did with these 2 white boys around the time pinata came out. Gibbs came clean and said it was like meeting your heroes and finding out their frauds.
He said Jeezy was Hollywood and was playing safe. Taking like he was a real nikka but his actions said differently.

Talked about how they were in a strip club and ran into Gucci mane. Gucci was solo one deep and Jeezy had his entire crew crew.
Jeezy didn't do shyt but mean mug and go to his section.

Gibbs thought if this man is supposed to be your mortal enemy and he killed your homeboy why aren't you trying to fight on sight?
He talked about how cte was a bunch of lackies and that Jeezy wanted Gibbs to run a rap boot camp showing them how to rap and create songs. Freddie didn't wanna do that cause he thought the focus was supposed to be on making music not teaching nikkas how to rap.

There's a old breakfast club interview where ctg was asking why Freddie was so angry. He mentioned how somebody from jeezys camp was talking shyt to him over the phone after Jeezy cleaned house and dropped everyone from cte then dropped that mixtape it's tha world.
Apparently Gibbs was on 9 of the tracks originally before Jeezy dropped everybody from the label.

I also remember a interview Jeezy did
"I put him on a song with Eminem, I put him on a song with T.I., I put him on numerous mixtapes that I had," Jeezy told veteran hip-hop journalist Elliott Wilson during an installment of his "The Truth" video series. "I took him on tour, I took him around the world, I spent money on videos that he didn't use 'cause he didn't like 'em and it wasn't his money."

Jeezy insisted that he tried to get Gibbs signed to a major label, but together the pair couldn't garner enough interest. "So at the end of the day my whole thing to him was, I took you to every label in the game, they don't wanna sign you. I don't have no reason-- I love you, I think your music is dope, but they don't wanna sign you," he explained.

According to the Thug Motivation rapper he called Gibbs and explained to him that he couldn't back him anymore. "I'll help you all I can, but I can't fund it anymore," Jeezy recalled saying. "Cool, the conversation went well, we got off the conversation, we straight, love. I hear dis records, what am I supposed to do? I'm not replying to that, n---a we getting money.

"At the end of the day, we all tried, it didn't work," he continued. "It happens in business all the time, with Coca-Cola, Pepsi, everybody."

Everything worked out for the best for Freddie in my eyes.

--:--

--:--

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it was because of the rapping

Metaphors and multis don’t make you a good rapper

TM101 was his peak

It wasn't just about lyrics. It was also flow. Jeezy wasn't a good rapper on TM101, but it worked. It was all delivery and mic presence and the ad libs.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you listed are factors that make a good rapper

He was only great in one component of what makes a good rapper. And yes, mic presence and delivery goes a long way, but only so far. Jeezy improved with each album, but TM101 was his worst performance as a rapper.