I slept on this scene from The Godfather

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
In hindsight it's HEAVY.

Kind of arrogant and pompous for Michael to say ''I've always taken care of you'' to a grown man lmao

Michael: I've always taken care of you, Fredo.
Fredo: Taken care of me? You're my kid brother and you take care of me? Did you ever think about that? Hah? Did you ever once that about that? Send Fredo off to do this! Send Fredo off to do that! Let Fredo take care of some Mickey Mouse nightclub somewhere! Send Fredo to pick somebody up at the airport! I’m your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over! :mjcry:

Michael: That’s the way Pop wanted it.
Fredo: It ain’t the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I’m smart! Not like everybody says…like dumb! I’m smart and I want respect! :mjcry:

Tragic:wow:

Last edited:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
the idiot had the chance to be the face of the Corleone's in nevada but ended up being Moe Greene's butler.
He wore clown ass suits and was fukkin desperate women :mjlol:

Fredo's vulnerability mixed with Vegas/Moe Green's influence turned him into a coke sniffing, whore indulging simp :heh:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
the idiot had the chance to be the face of the Corleone's in nevada but ended up being Moe Greene's butler.

I haven't seen The Godfather in a while so my memory might be off...but the bit where he's rubbing/massaging Moe Greene and gassing him up while Michael is thinking :what:

Scene used to kill me with all the dikkriding he was doing

edit:

Shameless :dead:

They're talking about him like a kid that got out of line

''I got a business to run I gotta kick ass sometimes'' ...so nonchalantly While Fredo massages his back :russ:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In hindsight it's HEAVY.

Kind of arrogant and pompous for Michael to say ''I've always taken care of you'' to a grown man lmao

Fredo: Taken care of me? You're my kid brother and you take care of me? Did you ever think about that? Hah? Did you ever once that about that? Send Fredo off to do this! Send Fredo off to do that! Let Fredo take care of some Mickey Mouse nightclub somewhere! Send Fredo to pick somebody up at the airport! I’m your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over! :mjcry:

Fredo: It ain’t the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I’m smart! Not like everybody says…like dumb! I’m smart and I want respect! :mjcry:

It's scary how much Fredo resembled Vito facially.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In hindsight it's HEAVY.

Maybe my favorite scene of the series.

Plus it spawned this :mjlol::mjcry:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I haven't seen The Godfather in a while so my memory might be off...but the bit where he's rubbing/massaging Moe Greene and gassing him up while Michael is thinking :what:

Scene used to kill me with all the dikkriding he was doing

edit:

Shameless :dead:

They're talking about him like a kid that got out of line

''I got a business to run I gotta kick ass sometimes'' ...so nonchalantly While Fredo massages his back :russ:

Fredo: Mike you don't talk to a man like Moe Greene like that :martin:

Mike: Fredo..:snoop:...You're my brother and I love you, but don't ever take sides against the family again. Ever :ufdup:

Then it leads to this scene in part 2. :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There was this kid I grew up with; he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me, you know.:ehh:
We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it.:manny:

During Prohibition, we ran molasses into Canada... made a fortune, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him and trusted him.:myman:

Later on he had an idea to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. :jbhmm:

That kid's name was Moe Greene, and the city he invented was Las Vegas.:win:

This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost or a statue of him in that town! :martin:
Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order. :patrice:
When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead, I let it go.:sas2:

And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business!:birdman:

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
There was this kid I grew up with; he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me, you know.:ehh:
We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it.:manny:

During Prohibition, we ran molasses into Canada... made a fortune, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him and trusted him.:myman:

Later on he had an idea to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. :jbhmm:

That kid's name was Moe Greene, and the city he invented was Las Vegas.:win:

This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost or a statue of him in that town! :martin:
Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order. :patrice:
When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead, I let it go.:sas2:

And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business!:birdman:
:salute: felt like i was watching it irl

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
The whole situation with Mike and Fredo was tragic. You never go against family, just the way it is, and that's not a "gangster" thing, that's a life thing. I had friends that had brothers that would snake them, and I never understood that sh!t. Unconditional love and loyalty is how family should be.
Thinking on it, between Fredo and Manolo, Al had to do coldblooded sh!t twice, and thinking about it, the manolo sh!t was a weird dynamic, still did it for fam, but Gina was kind of like Fredo, to a lesser degree, and he had to kill his best friend over that.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This is generally considered one of the best scenes of the series......Love the line from the other scene, 'this is the BUSINESS we have chosen....'

The Fredo/Mike scene is among my favorite ever, and def. top 3 in 'Godfather II', if not the best.