Other I started my own music podcast...thing

Matta

Rookie
Daps
If anyone is interested, I play music by unsigned/underground artist and all that jazz while trying to do improv comedy at the same time.

Something fresh and new, each and every entry.

thats dope as fukk...keep doing that shyt...in due time you could be the new and improve sway. no bull shyt

Govana

Dancehall ah mi everyting
Daps
I don't do podcasts, but I listen to them on soundcloud. So do what you want with my feedback. Fyi I'm writing my reactions while listening, so my thoughts might not be as clear/ well written.

Heres my criticism after 1 minute.
  • Speak with more life and with purpose, you seem to ramble about nothing
  • Don't use words that might offend potential viewers, like faq, c00n, etc. And if you happen to be a homophobe, dont let it interfere with the music.
  • Have music playing in the background while you talk, with a lower volume
  • Get a new mic or develop a more captivating voice/aura. Your voice isnt really adding to the show, meaning I would rather hear music.
After 6 min
  • Maybe it isn't my type of music, but this makes me want to sleep. Fans of the genre might feel different tho
  • Like i said, play music while talking, just softer
  • When you transitioned to talking, I could hear you hit your mic or something. Dont make that noise
  • Is this supposed to be a music podcast? I hear you talking about random stuff like the railway. What does this have to do with me, I only came here for the music.
  • The first time you drank, it sounded cool and calculated. This time it sounded obnoxious, to drink while talking.
  • And now your talking about spongebob............... :dead: I agree with you bro but I dont feel you should be talking about this in a music podcast. Unless you have something related to spongebob playing.
At 13:58
  • Less talking, more music.
At 16:02
  • This song sounds good. Why didn't you start with this one? This song lifts your vibe up, it would a great way to introduce your show.
  • Play more songs together, dont just play a song, then talk. And back at it again with patrick star........... :smh:
  • Mix your songs so they flow into each other, and play straight through. Talk over them (while they are turned down) when they hit a low point. Then stop talking and increase back the volume when the song picks up again
  • Right now I'm not listening to anything your saying. I don't feel like your saying anything of value based on how your talking. And I'm sort of annoyed by the lack of music being played. You really need to fix this, I don't believe the average listener would of made it this far. To be quite honest, I wouldn't still be listening if I wasnt giving feedback. I would of stopped a long time before.
At 22:50
  • Breh, I'm listening to give you feedback, and even I felt like skipping everything before the next song.
  • This song doesn't sound anything like the other songs. You put me in the mood for one type of music, then you play something completely different. And I personally don't like it. I'm just going to skip this.
At 26:32
  • I'm going to skip this talking as well. you already said that was your last song.
At 29:xx
  • Like I said before, play music while your talking. Your exit could of been much more stylish. You could of had music playing while you said your goodbyes, then let the music play out for a minute or half minute, then fade into silence

I'm not trying to be harsh with the things I say. I'm just relating to you how I actually felt while listening to the podcast.

Salute to your for working towards your goals breh :salute: Once you correct those things you will be good to go :salute: After you get things going, you should get a popular soundcloud artist to do a guest mix on your page.

Here are some examples of podcasts that I like

I haven't listen to souletiquette in a while, But I still like their work. Here is their latest podcast
They are inconsistent with their mixes, and I cant find the specific podcast I loved from them. Listen if you want to :yeshrug:

Last edited:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I don't do podcasts, but I listen to them on soundcloud. So do what you want with my feedback. Fyi I'm writing my reactions while listening, so my thoughts might not be as clear/ well written.

Heres my criticism after 1 minute.
  • Speak with more life and with purpose, you seem to ramble about nothing
  • Don't use words that might offend potential viewers, like faq, c00n, etc. And if you happen to be a homophobe, dont let it interfere with the music.
  • Have music playing in the background while you talk, with a lower volume
  • Get a new mic or develop a more captivating voice/aura. Your voice isnt really adding to the show, meaning I would rather hear music.
After 6 min
  • Maybe it isn't my type of music, but this makes me want to sleep. Fans of the genre might feel different tho
  • Like i said, play music while talking, just softer
  • When you transitioned to talking, I could hear you hit your mic or something. Dont make that noise
  • Is this supposed to be a music podcast? I hear you talking about random stuff like the railway. What does this have to do with me, I only came here for the music.
  • The first time you drank, it sounded cool and calculated. This time it sounded obnoxious, to drink while talking.
  • And now your talking about spongebob............... :dead: I agree with you bro but I dont feel you should be talking about this in a music podcast. Unless you have something related to spongebob playing.
At 13:58
  • Less talking, more music.
At 16:02
  • This song sounds good. Why didn't you start with this one? This song lifts your vibe up, it would a great way to introduce your show.
  • Play more songs together, dont just play a song, then talk. And back at it again with patrick star........... :smh:
  • Mix your songs so they flow into each other, and play straight through. Talk over them (while they are turned down) when they hit a low point. Then stop talking and increase back the volume when the song picks up again
  • Right now I'm not listening to anything your saying. I don't feel like your saying anything of value based on how your talking. And I'm sort of annoyed by the lack of music being played. You really need to fix this, I don't believe the average listener would of made it this far. To be quite honest, I wouldn't still be listening if I wasnt giving feedback. I would of stopped a long time before.
At 22:50
  • Breh, I'm listening to give you feedback, and even I felt like skipping everything before the next song.
  • This song doesn't sound anything like the other songs. You put me in the mood for one type of music, then you play something completely different. And I personally don't like it. I'm just going to skip this.
At 26:32
  • I'm going to skip this talking as well. you already said that was your last song.
At 29:xx
  • Like I said before, play music while your talking. Your exit could of been much more stylish. You could of had music playing while you said your goodbyes, then let the music play out for a minute or half minute, then fade into silence

I'm not trying to be harsh with the things I say. I'm just relating to you how I actually felt while listening to the podcast.

Salute to your for working towards your goals breh :salute: Once you correct those things you will be good to go :salute: After you get things going, you should get a popular soundcloud artist to do a guest mix on your page.

Here are some examples of podcasts that I like

I haven't listen to souletiquette in a while, But I still like their work. Here is their latest podcast
They are inconsistent with their mixes, and I cant find the specific podcast I loved from them. Listen if you want to :yeshrug:

Seriously appreciate this feedback.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:salute:I Started My Own Online Radio Station with anot app and a website. We still at the ground level but it moving along. I want to get it exactly like I want it before I start promoting it heavy

Govana

Daps
I think i might have mixed up Souletiqutte with Soulection :patrice:

Soulection has more of what I like to listen to

@HankHill

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I wish I had seen this sooner but better late than never.

:blessed:

Govana

Daps

@Robbi l-l-l-like this breh? :feedme:

I have been procrastinating a lot(i honestly didn't think so much time had passed). It might be too late. But I here are my thoughts.

At start
  • On my second listen, I'm not really feeling the intro.
  • Maybe its cause I just had an exam. But I feel very drowsy when listening to it, and i feel like it should be more lively

After 1:30
  • Im now eating food. The intro sounds better now. Guess the food plus the laughter changed my mood :ehh:
  • Tbh im not listening to what you are saying at all. Im just vibing with the music and listening to the sound of the words. If you know what i mean
  • Jared from subway lol ( i guess i am listening)
  • Tbh I forgot which voice you are. ( I think you are the slightly higher pitched one)
After 8:30
  • Im getting tired of the talking now. I dont really want to listen to what your talking about. I thought you would of ended the intro and got in the music by now
  • Maybe try playing music in the background to keep my attention. Or just calm me down a little while I wait on the music to start
After 11:00
  • At this point I feel like skipping through
  • I feel like i would of already skipped through, if i wasn't eating my crackers I might have already
After 12:30
  • Nothing wrong with talking, but you need to keep it more concise. I would say purposeful as well, but It might just be me would is bored by topics going on right now (14:30)
  • Continuing.....Play more music then have a small segment where you say something interesting, the alternate back to the music. (like 23 songs then talk, then 2/3 songs again.....you will have to experriment to find the best number)
After 16:30
  • My crackers are almost finished :sadcam:
  • lol breh I hope this isnt 1 hr of the same song and talking :pachaha:
  • Now you talking bout bigots and racists. Me personally, I would rather listen to music than hear about that, I came to the show for music.
  • I think you have to choose what type of show your doing. Are you playng mostly music? or are you doing a talkshow with music in the background the keep the viewers interest...... Like i said, your talking about racial and social issues. Thoe arent neccesarily bad topics, but personally want to hear more and new music
After 20:48
  • I'm down to 6 crackers :mjcry:
  • I thought you would be doing more reminiscing with your friend. And have more fun and say more jokes. then occasionally talk on some serious issues
  • If you want an idea of what i think a great talkshow is, listen to blackphillip by patrice oneal. What your doing right now aligns more with what they did.
  • you could probably get ppl to call in and give their opinions/stance on the topics your talking about. Maybe advertise the show to a local college or something, and talk about things more popular to that age group.
  • Im going to start skipping now ( i actually would of started skippinng b4, but Typing this 20:48 section kept me from doing that)
After 2something
  • lol. Am i going crazy or are ther 3 people in the studio talking.
  • lol, I just noticed there are more than 2 ppl
  • Maybe im just bad at discerning your voices. But i think you should get better mics so you can pickup the differences in the voices better.
After 29:40
  • lol breh, are we really going to play the same song for 30 minutes straight
  • say more stories like that during the breaks. not because of the gayness, but because its exciting and funny ( i didnt laugh, but im sure someone will)
After 33:00
  • Tbh honest im listening to every other word now.
  • lol i heard "your mother has to know the taste of semen"
  • ppl collect their semen in jars??? That shyt must stink fukking badly.... I didnt clean up semen one time and i swear dog, i couldnt even sleep, the scent was unbearable. I swear I almost never wanted to jack off again when i smelled it. (That was the first time i ever saw a cockroach in my room too :scust:)
  • lol the podcast in a nutshell.............. racial issues and semen. Great self awareness
  • new music
  • pls
  • what does unironically mean??:why: Is that a word??:why:

After 38:18
  • The previous conversation has piqued my interest to the show again, but currently at 39:09 im losing interest again
  • So breh, we really going to do this? :skip:
  • We really going play the same song for the entire show? :skip:
After 40:30
  • And now my skip begins (terrible game of thrones reference)
At 48:36
  • "Could you make love to grand master flash?" :dead:
  • Still skipping forward tho. Beliehve that :birdman:
At 52:00
  • Breh im inching closer to the end. Are we really going to do this? :skip:
At 55:00
  • I doubt the song is going to change in the last minute. So breh try to play more than one songs. Maybe other people might like the one song thing, if this is a talkshow then i can see it working. But if your focus is music thing then you need more songs
  • The shout out ending is good, something that patrice Oneal does too :myman:
  • No shoutouts for Robbi da gawd :sadbron:
  • The outro was good. that part that sounded like a commercial was good. It sounded like something you would hear on vcpr (Vice city radio station). Its bringing back memories from that amazing show :ohlawd:...... We really are pressing the issue!(reference to the show)

I believe this is better than the last one. (dont remember the last enough for me to give a sure answer)
But breh, if you are going for that talkshow vibe. I REALLY suggest you listen to black phillip. Even after to listening to all the recordings, sometimes i still feel like relistening to them. And patrice talks a lot of game on his shows. That alone makes it have more reply valye.

Not to mention that patrice loves to give jokes and is akways having fun. And even if the show gets boring they always have callers that have stories/questions that are interesting. And if they dont have stories, there are some people tha will have you laughing your ass off based on how weird and interesting they are.

My right arm hurts, i have been leaning on it the entire time :bryan: