I thought y’all told me actors take steroids for roles, Hugh Jackman AKA Wolverine has never taken steroids

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hugh Jackman Is ‘Bulking’ Up for Wolverine by Eating Over 8,000 Calories a Day: Chicken Burgers, Salmon and More​

Zack SharfMar 6, 2023 2:13pm PT
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Hugh Jackman as Logan, 2014. ph: Alan Markfield/TM & copyright ©20th Century Fox Film Corp. All rights reserved/courtesy Everett Collection

20th Century Fox Licensing/Merchandising / Everett Collectionnone

Popular on Variety​

How Aubrey Plaza’s Makeup Artist Achieved Her Bold Red Lip on ‘SNL’
Hugh Jackman is officially in Wolverinemode. The actor shared a photo of his daily meal plan as his bulking phase goes into overdrive ahead of filming “Deadpool 3,” in which he will reprise the role of Wolverine opposite Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool. The film marks the first “Deadpool” movie and Jackman’s first time playing Wolverine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“Bulking. A day in the life,” Jackman wrote as a caption while sharing a photo of the six meals he will eat in a given day. “Thank you, Chef Mario, for helping me stay healthy and properly fed whilst… Becoming. Wolverine. Again.”

Jackman’s meals include black bass (2,000 calories), Patagonia salmon (2,100 calories), two chicken burgers (around 1,000 calories each) and two grass-fed sirloins (1,100 calories each). That means Jackson is consuming over 8,000 calories a day now as he gets bulked up for Wolverine. To put that into perspective, Jonathan Majors ate 6,000 calories for four months in order to be play a bodybuilder in his buzzy Sundance movie “Magazine Dreams.” Jackson is eating far more.

Back in January, Jackman told Stephen Colbert on “The Late Show” that he was building up to eating 6,000 calories a day ahead of playing Wolverine. Jackman was on Broadway at the time starring in “The Music Man.”

“I’m building up. I’m on about 4,500-5,000 calories at the moment,” Jackman said at the time. “I wore a heart rate monitor [for ‘The Music Man’] because my trainer said, ‘I need to know what I’m working with here, because I’m trying to bulk you up.’ I burned 1,500 calories in the show, eight times a week. So she goes: ‘Oh, you gotta eat.’ So I was eating 4,500 calories a day, it was not pretty. Now I’m just eating and training.”

One thing Jackman won’t be doing to bulk up is taking steroids. The actor said during a January interview on HBO’s “Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace” that the physical prep to play “Wolverine” often took a toll on his body, but he never once turned to steroids to pack on pounds of muscle.

“Over the years people have wondered, did he juice?” Wallace asked. “Did he take steroids?”

“No, I love my job. And I love Wolverine,”Jackman answered. “I got to be careful what I say here, but I had been told anecdotally what the side effects are of that. And I was like, ‘I don’t love it that much.’ So no, I just did it the old school way. And I tell you, I’ve eaten more chickens — I’m so sorry to all the vegans and vegetarians and to the chickens of the world. Literally the karma is not good for me. If the deity has anything related to chickens, I’m in trouble.”
:mjlol: :duck: everytime these actors claim they managed to bulk up in three month by working out three times a day and eating tons of chicken you know they were juicing :beli:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh… does he have a character or history of lying?

Idk… i do know it’s possible to put on significant mass if he was already in shape, upped his caloric intake, and if it is done right.

Plus, as an actor he can literally do this for 12 hours a day in some form or fashion. Then there’s the cutting period which definitely can be done with a nutritionist.

Seems like it could be facts. 8k calories is a lot, the goal would be to find a way to pack in calories that don’t make you full.

But there is a possibility of “assistance”.. especially on the nutritionists or trainers part. They give him the shyt and he takes them.

Also, the camera really does put size on. These guys are tall but incredibly thin compared to how the look on tv.
Has any of these actors ever admitted to taking steroids? No, they all tell the same ducktales. Working out all day following a special routine their celebrity personal trainer developed and taking in ridiculous amounts of calories and protein. Things don't work like that, not in the short time frames they name and definitely not past the age of 35 :camby:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
:russ: Hollywood actors been Juicing since the 80's when Arnold and Stallone made it the Action Hero look.

Jackman Probably on More stuff than McGuire And Sosa In 98 :mjlol:

Believe a statement by a man who is a professional pretender Brehs.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: :duck: everytime these actors claim they managed to bulk up in three month by working out three times a day and eating tons of chicken you know they were juicing :beli:

Chicken, rice and broccoli. IYKYK :lolbron: