I was at a predominantly white church Sunday and I have questions.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I went to a Christian school for 7th grade we had the American and Christian flag on our desks.

That said, Yahweh is a warrior God. It is a monotheistic religion. Semites were mostly herders and territorial. So it's reflected in their religion. Their God is a jealous one and the only "true" one. Get with it or burn in hell.

Jesus (and Mary) instilled some peace to the religion. But his teachings are often very misunderstood since people take the canonized Bible literally instead of looking at it from a gnostic, mystical or mythical view.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Even white Christians, the white people who are supposed to be very best of white people, are still racist af.

says who? :heh:

these are the very cacs who brought the world slavery, colonialism, and genocide the past 500 years :dead:

as far as OP goes -- the intertwining of American nationalism and Christianity is totally unsurprising and it has been true since the colonial era when the land was stolen from Native nations (with the justification being their "heathen" beliefs).

As far as the belief that one's religion is the only correct one... I mean, that's in the Bible itself. Both Christianity and Islam share in that, but Islam at least considers Christians to be "People of the Book."

Other religious traditions throughout the world don't necessarily have that universalizing, proselytizing, exclusionary strain forming a core tenet of their belief systems.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Yeah OP

You're sitting there with a bunch of MAGAgents

Maybe when you imagine the robes as Klan robes and any hand gestures done in unison as the heil it'll seem more clear

Get out!

Get the fukc outta here!