I was told by an older hip-hop head on the train today

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
that I'm a hypocrite for listening to ASAP Rocky, Joey Badass, Nas, Chief Keef, Gucci Mane, Lupe Fiasco, Lauryn Hill, Azealia Banks, Waka Flocka Flame, Jay-z and Pac today :beli:

is this true or what?

Am I the only fan that listens to ignorant rap music and conscious rap as well? :ld:

This is how the convo went

Me: *Bumpin Gucci Mane -Walking Lick*

*Oldhead gets on the train*

*Oldhead looks at me and smirks*

*walking lick goes off then bytch Bad by Lupe Fiasco comes on*

*Oldhead pats me in the middle of the song and says* "You youngins are some of the biggest hypocrites now at days :beli:, the nerve of u to listen to Lupe after bumping that garbage known as gucci man :snoop:"
:huhldup:
I was shocked so I just looked at him like ":skip: ok" and continued to bump my music. He said some more shyt but I wasnt really paying attention to him.....was this dude right? Am I a hypocrite? :unsure:

You ole doctor Seuss mother goose cat in the hat ass nukka! Bah!

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
that I'm a hypocrite for listening to ASAP Rocky, Joey Badass, Nas, Chief Keef, Gucci Mane, Lupe Fiasco, Lauryn Hill, Azealia Banks, Waka Flocka Flame, Jay-z and Pac today :beli:

is this true or what?

Am I the only fan that listens to ignorant rap music and conscious rap as well? :ld:

This is how the convo went

Me: *Bumpin Gucci Mane -Walking Lick*

*Oldhead gets on the train*

*Oldhead looks at me and smirks*

*walking lick goes off then bytch Bad by Lupe Fiasco comes on*

*Oldhead pats me in the middle of the song and says* "You youngins are some of the biggest hypocrites now at days :beli:, the nerve of u to listen to Lupe after bumping that garbage known as gucci man :snoop:"
:huhldup:
I was shocked so I just looked at him like ":skip: ok" and continued to bump my music. He said some more shyt but I wasnt really paying attention to him.....was this dude right? Am I a hypocrite? :unsure:

no cause back in his day there were good rappers and there were bad ones too

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
fukk em i listen to both

sometimes im drunk and i blast gucci mane "everybody lookin"

and sometimes i'll bump

Last edited by a moderator:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Im in college and when ever I tell these hipster and "hiphop" head motherfukkers I listen to 2chainz, French Montana, A$AP Rocky, Gucci, Jeezy they always give me the :usure: until I add names like Kendrick Lamar, K.R.I.T, Nas, Lupe, etc. Im always like :whoa: yall take this music shyt too seriously, Ill listen to whoever makes me :stylin:, I could give a fukk about a content (I dont listen to music for them to teach me shyt, as long as a rapper's dope I fukks with it)

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
It depends on you and what you take from the music, Marty.

If you listen to Nas and Lupe Fiasco simply for their talent and don't care much about the importance of the message behind their music, then I don't think it's hypocritical to enjoy artists who are directly against what they stand for.

If you vibe to the message that both Lupe Fiasco and Waka Flaka are preaching at the same time then I would say you're confused though. I have a problem with people like that. You can't rock to "ITAL" by Lupe and be like "Damn, someone's finally spitting that truth our people need to hear" and then play some Rick False next and be like "Rozay spittin that real shyt. He a real nikka. nikkas that ain't rockin' with this ain't real nikkas."

Stand for something or fall for anything.

But hoenstly, hypocrite is a strong word. We all have hypocritical qualities in us. As long as your primary principles remain in tact at all times I don't really see much of an issue.

Artists like Andre 3000, Kendrick Lamar, Blu and Black Thought are my all time favorites. Their message vibes with me and those are the type of emcees I cite when people ask what kind of hip hop I like, but I can still enjoy a Rick False or Kanye song in the right setting. It's not like I'm going to hear it bumping heavy in the whip with my friends and have the :scusthov: on like the beat and the hook aren't flames you know? I just don't draw anything from what their saying...I don't take it to heart, I almost never have their albums/songs on my iPod, and I don't listen to the shyt by myself.

This is just my views by the way. nikkas who are somehow hardcore Lupe and Waka Flocka Flame stans at the same time(I'm sure they exist) need not attack me.

I can relate to all the rappers named or I feel what theyre saying :manny:

If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it.

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
If God didn't want us to listen to ratchet music he wouldn't have made it go so hard.

:wow:

Also it's usually the most lamest boring people on earth who can't understand that there's a type of music for everything, and good music is good music. Sometimes I wonder what they would say if said artist bumps and listens to that "hypocritical" music.

It's hypocritical to see and understand things from different perspectives? These simple minded rap fans kill me

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you should have brought up lupe not knowing tribe records.
them checked his pretentious ignorant toy ass!

nikkaz, be killing me!
trying to act like they know the culture.
then, standby all the other sellouts.
like they listening to some more culturally enriched rapper than you.
all these dudes are sellouts, damn near.

so you can listen to what the fukk you want.
just know the knowledge of the culture, if you claim to be a bboy or bgirl.
you arenot a bgirl and lupe is not a bboy.
so dude should have minded his business and stfu!

this town been overrun with toys!
fronting since fukking 1996,.....
if a dude say sumfin to you about hiphop.
ask him about all city meetings and who started them and what year?

i they wanna play the knowledge game.
i bet that toy will have no fukking idea what you are talembout.

then diss his toy ass for trying to be poseur and failed lame ass toy.

fukk chicago dress up mannequins and toys!!

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you are not a hypocrite, either.

that lame poser toy ass clown was a hypocrit.
one, for not knowing how to properly recognize people in the culture, or address them.

two for having some wack knowledge and game.
three for probably using the son you method for trying to holla.

dude was a lame!
asking bullshyt questions, like ow you listen to lupe over gucci.
nikka, lupe ain't no bboy or emcee.

lupe is a biter and one of the biggest toys in rap!

art barr