I watched One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest,this is the evil Nurse Ratched Ive heard about?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ive seen this woman ranked in top 10 all time villians before,but how:mindblown:?

Seemed like she is just doing her job. And some man pretending to be crazy comes in and encourages them to be crazy. All because he doesnt believe they are really crazy.

Then i looked up comments about the movie amd people are blaming her for Billys death. Billy broke the rules and was acting like a big shot. She was attempting to bring him back down to earth. Had no way of knowing he would kill himself. Even Mcmurphy knew he was partly responsible in the scene where they were dragging Billy away as he screamed at nurse Ratchet.

The villian in the movie is Mcmurphy pretending to be crazy. Undermining the work of people who actually deal with crazy people.

People also point to that scene where they are pretending to watch the game on a t.v thats turned off. But Mcmurphy is actually encouraging mental patients to go with their imagination:mjlol:. Not understanding some of them have sicker imaginations then watching the World Series.

Theres even a scene where she smiles at Mcmurphy as shes leaving because she thinks hes making progress.

Also Mcmurphy broke out with a bus full of mental patients. Attacked a guard earlier in the movie. Then tried to strangle nurse Ratched to death. He was a violent mental patient and got a labotomy for faking the funk:mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ive seen this woman ranked in top 10 all time villians before,but how:mindblown:?

Seemed like she is just doing her job. And some man pretending to be crazy comes in and encourages them to be crazy. All because he doesnt believe they are really crazy.

Then i looked up comments about the movie amd people are blaming her for Billys death. Billy broke the rules and was acting like a big shot. She was attempting to bring him back down to earth. Had no way of knowing he would kill himself. Even Mcmurphy knew he was partly responsible in the scene where they were dragging Billy away as he screamed at nurse Ratchet.

The villian in the movie is Mcmurphy pretending to be crazy. Undermining the work of people who actually deal with crazy people.

People also point to that scene where they are pretending to watch the game on a t.v thats turned off. But Mcmurphy is actually encouraging mental patients to go with their imagination:mjlol:. Not understanding some of them have sicker imaginations then watching the World Series.

Theres even a scene where she smiles at Mcmurphy as shes leaving because she thinks hes making progress.

Also Mcmurphy broke out with a bus full of mental patients. Attacked a guard earlier in the movie. Then tried to strangle nurse Ratched to death. He was a violent mental patient and got a labotomy for faking the funk:mjlol:
I think the premise is that a lot of people there weren’t crazy when they first go there. The institution either made them crazy or made them worse. Nurse R, was more of a symbol.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the premise is that a lot of people there weren’t crazy when they first go there. The institution either made them crazy or made them worse. Nurse R, was more of a symbol.

Im guessing your basing this on Mcmurphy? Because everyone else there seemed crazy or incredibly slow. Maybe you believe this because slow people wouldnt be institutionalized in your era, at they rate they probably were back when the book and movie came out.

I thought the premise was whos more dangerous. The institution telling these people they are troubled, when maybe their problems arent that serious? Or a man who has no regard to the sensitive nature of mental illness? Whos ignorantly telling these people they are normal without knowing the full extent of their issues. Probably because he relates because hes always been a little crazy. And the more he stayed and was confronted with his problems. It was actually proven he is a little crazy. Attacking the guards to trying to strangle Nurse Ratched to death:picard:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Im guessing your basing this on Mcmurphy? Because everyone else there seemed crazy or incredibly slow. Maybe you believe this because slow people wouldnt be institutionalized in your era, at they rate they probably were back when the book and movie came out.

I thought the premise was whos more dangerous. The institution telling these people they are troubled, when maybe their problems arent that serious? Or a man who has no regard to the sensitive nature of mental illness? Whos ignorantly telling these people they are normal without knowing the full extent of their issues. Probably because he relates because hes always been a little crazy. And the more he stayed and was confronted with his problems. It was actually proven he is a little crazy. Attacking the guards to trying to strangle Nurse Ratched to death:picard:
The medication played a big role as well.

Take this story for example

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps

im just mad they ain't get a big tiddy bytch to portray her in the movie like how she was described in the book.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The medication played a big role as well.

Take this story for example

This story about the "booty juice" crazy as hell:picard:. And that girl is a talented ass artist. Crazy people often have some sort of gift.

You may be right about meds having an effect. But honestly i dont believe that to be the case. He attacked those guards earlier in the movie irrc. Definitely had issues with his temper,and probably been to jail more than once for it. He probably wasnt robbing banks and allowed to claim insanity. But i dont recall them saying his crime.

But i do think he just tried to kill the nurse out of anger and guilt.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Movies lose the context of their cultural impact if you weren't there when they dropped. . That kind of character was probably the first to show up in a movie. You've seen probably 50 years of parodies and imitations, so the original impact is lost.