‘I will never wear a headscarf again’: Outrage in Iran after woman dies in custody

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
i mean well see

when those "values" are not being raped, tortured and killed then maybe there is need for external support

because thats what these imams are thinking right now and without the threat of external interference theyd probably go right ahead and roll all these protestors into the infidel pack

would you say the same thing about apartheid in south africa? that external forces imposing their "values" through boycotts and diplomatic pressure was unnecesssry?
There's a difference between external support for causes that have domestic origins and insemination of foreign ideals used as trojan horses or accompanying forces for colonization, as it has historically been the case. My post was taking into account this distinction.

Black South Africans did not need external forces to tell them that their own subjugation was bad.

I can't read Iranian mullahs' minds but I doubt the fear of some Western intervention is the significant factor in their current decisions. I'd say it's moreso the thousands of protestors under their windows.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
There's a difference between external support for causes that have domestic origins and insemination of foreign ideals used as trojan horses or accompanying forces for colonization, as it has historically been the case. My post was taking into account this distinction.

Black South Africans did not need external forces to tell them that their own subjugation was bad.

I can't read Iranian mullahs' minds but I doubt the fear of some Western intervention is the significant factor in their current decisions. I'd say it's moreso the thousands of protestors under their windows.

so you think women wanting to be free to wear what they want is the "insemination of foreign ideals"?

the only "distinction" i can see is that these are women whereas in south africa it was all genders

and the mullahs have smoked protestors before if you dont think they are worried about economic sanctions from the EU* youre crazy

* the US cant hardly sanction them any more

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
This is what happens when you go to extremes, especially within a relatively short amount of time.

I was trying to explain to a friend the other day that 40ish years ago Iran looked a lot like any American city. The women wore the latest fashions including showing skin and wearing their hair any kind of way. The women who are protesting now grew up with mothers and grandmothers who were young during that era and very vocal about how different life was.

They complied with the Sharia Law shyt because it was pretty much life or death, but they didn't lie to their daughters about how much freedom they used to have.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
RIP to the young woman.

I'll never understand the mentality of these Muslim dudes, you would think they were gay the way they're so threatened by women's bodies. I guess it's just their upbringing or something, I don't know.

I just can't even comprehend the thought of getting mad because some females aren't wearing a headscarf or some shyt
full

Im not a muslim, but as i understand it has to do with them being "fearful" of OTHER men looking at their wives/daughters etc or getting at them, hence the coverage of their hair, (sometimes) face and body.

Islam is still back in the 1800s or whatever, with all due respect. They dont go by new testaments like the Bible for example to adapt to how things have changed. They strictly on code.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
The hijab being forced in iran is to protect their culture. Nothing else. The way they wear it you can still see all the hair. Its a culture war. I dont blame them. If they let their people adapt western culture they gonna be flying rainbow flags and saying call us them/they and ms. Man gonna be teaching their kids about gender fluidity. :gag:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
The hijab being forced in iran is to protect their culture. Nothing else. The way they wear it you can still see all the hair. Its a culture war. I dont blame them. If they let their people adapt western culture they gonna be flying rainbow flags and saying call us them/they and ms. Man gonna be teaching their kids about gender fluidity. :gag:
Man get this bullshyt outta here.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
In the 1970s they weren't wearing hijabs, religion wasn't forced on the people l back then. I know bare people that left Iran due to the Islamic revolution, that wouldn't have left otherwise. People should have a choice.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
so you think women wanting to be free to wear what they want is the "insemination of foreign ideals"?

the only "distinction" i can see is that these are women whereas in south africa it was all genders

and the mullahs have smoked protestors before if you dont think they are worried about economic sanctions from the EU* youre crazy

* the US cant hardly sanction them any more
No, that's not what I think and that's not what I said nor implied.

The distinction I drew is clear and can be illustrated by the difference between the Iranian situation, and say, French propagandists' efforts during the Algerian independence war, when the 5th Bureau of Psychological Action organized anti-hijab campaigns as yet another racist colonial tool. Intersectional feminists call that out.

Jx8_t6cfYfTwmpfKYUFgGi5dRIwDi2alkfFfuhISvRB29BI8ZHX9mTa6IOmXNZBNs2nT48vY87_Z_3nYj91vZo_jpLBLOS4w-p99gXcyyA7stCNEOrX8dZOqgDPoKk29YFNiCEKfmqAavg1bqg

Black Americans themselves have had encounters with instrumentalized western feminism used as a psyop to destabilize their organizations. And we know how bringing democracy to third-world countries has been used as a pretext by the US to appropriate resources. The examples are numerous.

Organic (Black South Africans, Iranian women, Congress of Ulama women) vs Non-organic (French propaganda in Algeria, Democracy to the Middle East, Gloria Steinem & Black Feminism)

That's the distinction I drew. External support for one category is fine, and not for the other.