I Will Say That Even Though My Life Is Okay I STILL Wish I Had A Mentor (It Would Be Easier)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'll say that even though I'm doing better than most of the people I went to HS with who didn't get a scholarship, I wish I had a mentor. Why? Because you are better focused and you could have someone in your life that's been there and done that professionally. Yes, I have my parents, but I mean a real mentor. Now, my criminal record is clean and I'm in no debt. However, at times I do feel lost. I do know what I want to go back to school for. Still, something is missing and sometimes I'm like :wtf: (no troll)

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
I just watched a video on the traits of successful people, and one of those traits listed as was having a mentor that was also successful to show them the ropes in order to cut the learning time in half. Surround yourself with successful people and you're bound to run in to someone that would be glad to take you under their wing. And you should also consider becoming someone's mentor to provide that influence that you weren't fortunate to have when you were growing up.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You could always mimic another successful persons methods, habits.

At the very least read up on things
Well, I read all the time. You have to in this day and age. Both White and Black elders have given me advice. However, I told the story here before how this White guy helped his protege save money for a car and he spent it on drugs. Why do I bring this up? Because a person like that is a mentor and he told me that story himself. I could have used a mentor besides a guy that didn't want to better himself. Like I said, for some of us it's hard out here. Especially, if we are a minority (Afro-American).

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just watched a video on the traits of successful people, and one of those traits listed as was having a mentor that was also successful to show them the ropes in order to cut the learning time in half. Surround yourself with successful people and you're bound to run in to someone that would be glad to take you under their wing. And you should also consider becoming someone's mentor to provide that influence that you weren't fortunate to have when you were growing up.
Link to video?

Daps
I can be your mentor Joe. :troll:

Join clubs and organizations in your area I'm sure there's someone out there who can mentor you. :ufdup:

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
In his room eating breakfast. However, that's not what I mean. Let's be frank, almost every successful person has had a mentor.

Russel Simmons spoke about that in the book "Do You: 12 Laws Of Success" (a book that I say is a must read)

Law 6: Surround yourself with the right people

He speaks about "finding a teacher, someone who can share knowledge"

Law #6 Surround Yourself With the Right People.