I wish R&b like this was still dominating the charts

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Sign of the decaying culture around us.:yeshrug:
They key component was cetered on 'Love', and it's possibilities....not so much, nowadays!

Daps
I always blame Wayne for this shyt....

He the one who made it mainstream cool to fukk and dump bytches over singing her ass to sleep with romantic dreams.

Trey Songz went from talmbout how he gonna wait for his true love to fukking foreign bytches.
Nah it’s really T-Pains fault tbh for making it acceptable to use autotune

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
God that track is amazing, haven't heard it in a long time either:wow:

Thanks for this OP, i needed it, Daps+Rep.

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
What I don't get is I am almost 30 years old and R&b and Hip hop were both popular most of my life and then all of a sudden probably around 2010, R&b's popularity took a huge nose dive. I mean it's not like both genre's can't popular. I blame the Corporate executive's who claim that young people today, don't want to hear music like the song in the OP anymore . The truth is, they are not giving them a chance to, they would rather promote songs about bytches, hoes, and many people some rapper supposedly shot over songs about love.I mean don't get me wrong I love Hip hop but I also love R&b as well as Soul music.There needs to be balance.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
It’s not the corporate people anymore

They may have started it but people are sheep they go with what’s hot

If love songs aren’t popular most just shrug and go along with the trend

Daps
Reppin
London baby.
Artists weren’t afraid to show emotion & put their pain on paper back then either.

Can you imagine the memes if Boyz II Men dropped their greatest hits in this era?

R. Kelly said in his book that he’s kinda responsible for ushering in R&B with Hip-hop.

He didn’t insinuate that he degraded the genre, but he did admit that prior him no r&b singers were degrading women with rappers whilst still getting mainstream support.