I wonder how older black folk feel when white people refer to them as "sir" or "m'am"

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The bible is a stupid ass book and you're a stupid ass fakkit for believing in it and interpreting it in that manner. No one gives a fukk what the bible says. When has the bible ever been right about anything? It contains no useful information and most of it is just myths jacked from older religions.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
They probably are indeed happy they lived to see the day that they were treated as a fellow human being, but I don't think they have any resentment towards the white race. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any white people alive today who had anything to do with slavery.

:wtf:

Nobody's talking about slavery. I'm talking more about the 1960s and prior. Even then, we're not really going to act like whites aren't benefiting today from the work of slaves. I mean okay lets think about it this way. After emancipation, why wasn't there a mass deportation of blacks or just a straight up genocide? because Americans stood to gain from black labour. Blacks were thwarted at attempts to build wealth, buy land, or hold positions of significance within American society. And the repercussions of that are still being felt today. It was, some will even argue that it still is in the interest of the white man to keep black people around as a "servant class". however there is definitely progress.

I don't know if people who grew up being treated as second class citizens still have some resentment for their oppressors, but I definitely think there is still a strong level of distrust because like I said, they grew up being treated like they were less than. During your formative years people were telling you that you won't be able to hold a management position at any job, laughing at the notion of someone with your skin holding a significant political position, claiming that you come from a people with no history, your people are inherently less intelligent etc. etc. I definitely would not be surprised if they still don't trust white folk. I can't even really imagine them feeling any sense of "forgiveness" specifically if they may have been active in the civil rights struggle and may have had friends/family die during that struggle.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bible is a stupid ass book and you're a stupid ass fakkit for believing in it and interpreting it in that manner. No one gives a fukk what the bible says. When has the bible ever been right about anything? It contains no useful information and most of it is just myths jacked from older religions.

imagining you typing with :cac: on one shoulder whispering in your ear

and :pacspit: on ya other shoulder

don't trust your :cac: side, he only promises to deceive you