Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Some of y'all know me from videos like this:

So for anyone that's interested, I just wanted to let you guys know that I wrote a book! It's a series of essays around race and pop culture, and it's on CreateSpace for a paperback, Amazon for Kindle, and GumRoad for a digital e-book.

Paperback: "So, About That... A Year Of Contemporary Essays on Race and Pop Culture" by Seren Sensei

Kindle:
www.amazon.com/dp/B013V0CHK6?&tag=rnwap-20

E-book:
So, About That… A Year Of Contemporary Essays on Race and Pop Culture

A snippet of the inside:
2612lih.jpg

Anyone that wants to support, I'd appreciate it!

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Congratulations. Did you self publish it?

Glad I saw this thread, I was picking out some books on Amazon earlier.

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb
"MADT," how you gonna be advertisin' typos brehette

enough of a fan to get me to buy it though

later:wtb:

maybe:demonic:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
What's time consuming about it? Writing or the business related side to putting it out?

More of the actual publishing process... When you self-publish you have to do all the formatting yourself and it is SUPER time-consuming. You upload your written file (mine was a word doc) to your publishing site (I used createspace/Amazon), and then you have to pick a book size. My word file was written in 8x11 but the standard book size is 6x9, so it formatted all wrong with the words and spaces all over the page. You have to go through it one page at a time and mess with font size, correct chapter/page breaks, etc. and then you have to create and upload your own cover.

It's not *difficult* to do, but it's tedious as fukk and takes HELLA long and I literally thought while doing it, 'I see why this is a job someone at a publishing house gets paid to do.' Amazon has an in-house team that you can pay to do all of it for you, but it costs $399 :mjcry:.

Congrats to you and your book. Wishing you much success for all your hard work!:salute:

congrats!

Thank you!!!!!!!