Ibaka: "LeBron Is Not A Good Defender"

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anyone can guard Durant for an entire game. I don't know how that doesn't make him a great defender though.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
What people say: "Bron can guard all 5 positions including centers."
:ehh:

What you hear: "Bron can shut down any player from any position including the best big men in the league."
:gladbron:

Exactly, nobody is saying he's some lockdown post defender, whether he does it effectively all game is irrelevant since the statement is always "LeBron can guard all 5 positions" since he actually does guard them.

Daps

What you hear: "Bron can shut down any player from any position including the best big men in the league."

I was in the midst of a writing up a novel - when this was all I needed to say.

+rep.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Yup....dude doesn't want to get it.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Word its as easy as putting a player in front of a player :ehh: guess every player can defend 1-5

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Word its as easy as putting a player in front of a player :ehh: guess every player can defend 1-5

:umad:

Sure in theory you can put anybody on all 5 positions, will the defense suffer or thrive is the relevant question.

Fact: Lebron has guarded all 5 positions this year
Fact: Miami was a top 5 defense this year

Do the math.
:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
can we just give lebron his props? he's hands down the most versatile defender in the league.

This. I haven't really bothered reading all the posts, but how this thread is to 4 pages is beyond me.

Whether you like it or not, the dude has guarded 5 positions for stretches during the year. Did he guard each of them for 48 minutes? Of course not, but no one's even claiming that's the case. Could someone else hypothetically do it? Maybe. HAVE THEY ACTUALLY DONE IT? Not that I know of.

The reason Lebron's is so highly regarded as a defender, like Houston said, is because of his versatility. You have a significant advantage on defense when you have a guy who can switch on every pick and roll regardless of whether he's guarding the screener or ball handler, and it's not a blatant mismatch.

Ibaka saying this is borderline pathetic though, Bron is twice the defender Ibaka is

McPiff

#goat
Daps
When it comes to LeBron, alot of y'all nikkas are throwing up logic and common sense in the bushes.

Beastmode

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
4v8tf1t.gif