Ice Cube Confirms He’s Open to Making a ‘Public Enemy’ Film

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Would love if he made it happen. Problem is that while tons of people will post here, tweet, update facebook on how cool it is....is this going ot be a big movie for people to see?

I only say that because a major studio has to see money to put it out. Not that the story isn't worth it if there isnt a huge return, just reminding people its a business to them.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lets see how good straight outta compton is first. its getting decent reviews, no raves, just solid. hoping for the best but i hope it aint just another standard biopic.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
Rza better stop playing and make that Wu Tang film....:newgostfacesmiley:

Then again what will or won't be included?...might need a Trilogy..:whew:...and each film have Wu Tang soundtrack.....:ohlawd:...

Just an idea :jbhmm:

A Soulquarian movie would be :wow:

Honestly a WU movie doesnt need to be made.. they made great music.. thats it.... they didnt shift the culture or society ,they werent controversial, they didnt spark debates and change etc like NWA, Public Enemy, 2pac, etc. :yeshrug:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Yeah everyone don't need a biopic because then where does it stop....unless they can somehow create a marvel like hip hop universe on screen that will make hundreds of millions consistently. ...dont see this happening just make the Tupac movie and a big hip hop movie about the whole thing and be done with it

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
:wow:

As much as Cube has done for the game, a HHCU with quality movies would be so fukking :banderas:

We deserve this brehs :mjcry:

A PE movie, a Pac movie....what else would be interesting and could be done?

a KONY movie based on Jay/Nas :lupe:

2 Live crew?

The possibilities :wow:
A Salt N Pepa movie would b Interesting.

I read Pepa's book. Had sum wild story's

Apex

Banned
Daps
:wow:

As much as Cube has done for the game, a HHCU with quality movies would be so fukking :banderas:

We deserve this brehs :mjcry:

A PE movie, a Pac movie....what else would be interesting and could be done?

a KONY movie based on Jay/Nas :lupe:

2 Live crew?

The possibilities :wow:
Shady Records movie would do numbers.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
A Salt N Pepa movie would b Interesting.

I read Pepa's book. Had sum wild story's

That would be dope, and we can work in another Pac cameo...the HHCU should just revolve around Pac :laugh:

He's gonna show up in every movie like Nick Fury.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
I hope they make it, but I'm not sure they will. I can't see any movie studio willing to back this, they're more interested in probably making the next Monkeybone or bringing The Adventures of Captain Titanic on the big screen. They're not involved in the risk business, they want sure things like Adam Sandler's next game changer.

Notorious and Straight Outta Compton were able to be made for three big reasons;
1. There were people who are able to promote it well - Puffy and Cube/Dre.
2. The general public (cacs) had some idea who Biggie and NWA were.
3. The post-Kanye generation (Kanye, Wayne, Drake fans) can push themselves to watch movies about Big and NWA as it can make them a little cooler.

Unfortunately, the above 3 don't apply to PE. Who's going to promote it? The general public don't know much about PE. And the current rap fans don't recognize enough names in their history to pretend to care either. Same thing with an Wu Tang movie. It's a shame.