Ice T Appreciation Thread

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Been listening to the Home Invasion album this morning. Since I heard the Combat Jack interview he did and started following his podcast I been revisiting a lot of his shyt.

First heard of him when Original Gangster came out 20+ years ago, loved that tape. Bytches 2 and the title track were the shyt to me.

On this Home Invasion album That's How I'm Livin tells his life story, 99 Problems was the inspiration for Jay-Z's hit (Trick Daddy had a good remake of it as well), and it's just solid all the way thru.

Ice dissed the Source so that east coast media bias definitely applied to his legacy. He's not always put up there with the hiphop forefathers like KRS, Rakim, Kane, all the rest of the NY and even down south cats like Scarface. But he's definitely in that class.

Appreciate!

Last edited:

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
"Black, bad, iron clad, always mad, fly nikka takin off from a helipad.......":pachaha::laff:
"The ultimate male supreme, white woman's dream, big dikk, straight up NIGAAAAAAA":shaq::wow::obama::myman:

Not to derail the thread but Original Gangster, nikkaz4Life, Quik Is The Name and Death Certificate all dropped that same muthafukkin year. Was in line the first day all them shyts was released. In Cali yall shoulda seen all the different types of folks that was in line buying these albums. Blacks, white grandmas, cholos, squared up asians, EVERYBODY.

OG is my favorite Ice T album.....Muthafukkaz walked outta class to protest the gulf war back in the day:old: Yall still remember the outro on that album?:wow:

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ice-T-Greatest_Hits-2014
10gi3aw.jpg

01. 6 'n The Mornin' 7:13
02. Make It Funky 5:12
03. Somebody Gotta Do It (Pimpin' Ain't Easy!!!) 3:05
04. I'm Your Pusher 5:35
05. High Rollers 4:39
06. Power 4:27
07. Lethal Weapon 4:36
08. The Girl Tried To Kill Me 4:10
09. You Played Yourself 4:17
10. O.G. Original Gangster 5:01
11. Mind Over Matter 4:13
12. Body Count 6:09
13. New Jack Hustler (Nino's Theme) 4:45
14. Colors 4:26
15. Ricochet 5:01

baracka zulu

I don't pop molly, but I'll fuk Rob Ford (nh)
Daps
Reppin
West Philly (215)
That tranny chasing fukk nikka Camel ain't fit to lick the semen off the bottom of T's least favorite beetle skin pimp shoes

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Ice T reciting the Iranian alphabet to the SVU theme>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the WOAT weed plate MCHG

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I always said Pac was the updated version of Ice T. More of a "talking to you about issues" rapper then an actual lyricist. Also one of the first to really break down that LA slang. Why did I think dude actually grew braids for New Jack City??

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
yes, i approve this thread 100% :salute:

rhymes pays and power and o.g. are my favorite albums by him :whew:

plus, he introduced darlene ortiz to the world, for that alone he is a legend :obama:

1f909ceea830372f0d789796b207a5fc.jpg

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Respect your elders ya ignant lil bastids:

Classic video, classic sample. This thread gonna keep coming back like the cryptkeeper until The Booth gives Ice his due.