IDK - Is He Real? {DISCUSSION THREAD}

Daps
Tl;dwr last album was released by Warner.
:aicmon:
In 2015, he releases Subtrap under HXLY.

In 2016, he releases Empty Bank, a few notable features nothing too crazy, Masego, Michael Christmas, SABA, and a couple songs produced by Nate Fox who did notable production on Acid Rap. Released by HXLY.

In 2017, he releases IWASVERYBAD, features by Swizz Beats, Yung Gleesh, Chief Keef, again not too crazy. Released by HXLY & BMG.

In 2018, he releases IDK & FRIENDS :smile:. A feature-centered album, Maxo, Rico, Wale, Denzel Curry, production by Kenny Beatz. Released by HXLY.

In 2019, he releases IS HE REAL?. Swizz is created as a writer(minor), features by Pusha, JID, Burna Boy, Tyler the Creator(minor), GLC(minor), DMX(minor), Frank Dukes on the production. Released by Clue no Clue, with licensing handled by Warner Records.

Has toured with G-Eazy, A$AP Ferg, and Post Malone.
There's organic growth, and then there's a push.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tl;dwr last album was released by Warner.
:aicmon:
In 2015, he releases Subtrap under HXLY.

In 2016, he releases Empty Bank, a few notable features nothing too crazy, Masego, Michael Christmas, SABA, and a couple songs produced by Nate Fox who did notable production on Acid Rap. Released by HXLY.

In 2017, he releases IWASVERYBAD, features by Swizz Beats, Yung Gleesh, Chief Keef, again not too crazy. Released by HXLY & BMG.

In 2018, he releases IDK & FRIENDS :smile:. A feature-centered album, Maxo, Rico, Wale, Denzel Curry, production by Kenny Beatz. Released by HXLY.

In 2019, he releases IS HE REAL?. Swizz is created as a writer(minor), features by Pusha, JID, Burna Boy, Tyler the Creator(minor), GLC(minor), DMX(minor), Frank Dukes on the production. Released by Clue no Clue, with licensing handled by Warner Records.

Has toured with G-Eazy, A$AP Ferg, and Post Malone.
There's organic growth, and then there's a push.
How's this working out for him when you can ask your casual HipHop fan if they know who IDK is and they'll literally be like.... I don't KNOW? :huh:

Daps
I enjoyed the album.

:yeshrug:

Let me get this straight, I provide enough information and your counter-point is he isn't successful enough for you?

How's Don Tolliver doing at the moment? How about Allan Kindgom? That push doesn't always work out. Not everyone can be Summer Walker successful.

How's this working out for him when you can ask your casual HipHop fan if they know who IDK is and they'll literally be like.... I don't KNOW? :huh:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the album.

:yeshrug:

Let me get this straight, I provide enough information and your counter-point is he isn't successful enough for you?

How's Don Tolliver doing at the moment? How about Allan Kindgom? That push doesn't always work out. Not everyone can be Summer Walker successful.
The term industry plant is an illusion and doesn't make sense.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Great album, I stumbled across it hearing the song with pusha in a mix. I looked it up and ran it into the ground afterwards.

It's top 5 album of 2019 if I had to make a list based off of what I actually spent time listening too.
Best sequenced album since the Black Panther soundtrack

I thought the purpose of record labels was to find talented people and promote them ? The 2010' s idea of every artist having to put them selves on is always hilarious to me. for every 90's story about selling records out the trunk there are 10 about an artist being seen somewhere, signed, and put on tours/records. Youtube and soundcloud making people nationally famous is purely a thing of the last 10 years. Everyone before that was regional til a major pushed them.

Last edited: