"If Alabamians can put man on the moon, we can build new prisons."

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

In his annual State of the State address, Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley told lawmakers there was no reason why the southern state can’t build more “mega prisons” since they also put “a man on the moon.”

According to The Plainsman, the Republican governor was following up on his 2016 proposal to float an $800 million bond to build four new oversized prisons.

The governor is seeking to replace 14 of Alabama’s 17 aging correctional facilities, with three of the new ones capable of holding as many as 3,500 male inmates. The fourth “mega prison” would be smaller in size and would be built to accommodate female prisoners.

According to the governor, the current prison facilities are running at as much as 190 percent capacity.

In an attempt to rally support for the bond that would cost the state a total of $1.5 billion after interest payments, Bentley made a bizarre claim, telling the assembled lawmakers, “If Alabama can put man on the moon, we can build new prisons.”

There were six manned missions to the moon between 1969 and 1972, all of them conducted under the flag of the U.S. comprised of fifty states — including Alabama.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Probably won't matter to most of you, but GOP politicians and dems are trying to get the man impeached.
He really out there all by himself.

New AG supposed to start tomorrow and the impeachment proceeds will start again

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Probably won't matter to most of you, but GOP politicians and dems are trying to get the man impeached.
He really out there all by himself.

New AG supposed to start tomorrow and the impeachment proceeds will start again
so what? Y'all are still going to vote in another person just like him.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
so what? Y'all are still going to vote in another person just like him.
Wht is just like him, you mean the southern dem in Siegalman who had 2 terms back to back?
Stop running off at the mouth when its clear all you know about the south is from TV

Misanthrope

None of the above '16
Daps

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Misanthrope

None of the above '16
Daps
Yeah getting embroiled in the Healthsouth was his undoing you are right he wasn't back to back either.
Kay Ivey isn't a legit governor candidate though, if anything GOP is going to be wide open this year.

She doesn't have to get elected IF the guy Bentley puts in Strange's place as AG does his job.

But that's a wrap anyways...all the dudes he had to replace Sessions with and he nominates the guy investigating him.:sas2:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
She doesn't have to get elected IF the guy Bentley puts in Strange's place as AG does his job.

But that's a wrap anyways...all the dudes he had to replace Sessions with and he nominates the guy investigating him.:sas2:
shyt still didn't work though, its like hustling backwards.
If I were him I would have put in a Dem jusst to hope that the dems would block, but the republicans in the congress have said there is nothing that will save him.

As for ivey I'm talking about the next election, not her taking the place if he is removed from office

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wht is just like him, you mean the southern dem in Siegalman who had 2 terms back to back?
Stop running off at the mouth when its clear all you know about the south is from TV
Muhfukka this is Alabama we're talking about. Wtf. Act like Jeff Sessions wasn't YOUR elected US Senator. My statement stands.

And by the way my mother is from South Carolina stupid. I'm in SC and NC every month visiting family. The fukk you mean all I know about the south is what I see on tv? :dahell:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Muhfukka this is Alabama we're talking about. Wtf. Act like Jeff Sessions wasn't YOUR elected US Senator. My statement stands.

And by the way my mother is from South Carolina stupid. I'm in SC and NC every month visiting family. The fukk you mean all I know about the south is what I see on tv? :dahell:
Yes its alabama, a state I live in and have lived in.
I don't vote, sessions isn't mine anymore than any other politician.
Your statement doesn't mean shyt, because you don't know what you are talking about.
You visiting sc or NC has fukk to do with knowing shyt about us alabamans or the south.

stick to what you know

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So shut the fukk up about changing anything in this country. You don't even have grounds to change shyt in your state.
I'll continue to speakout on things I disagree with or think is wrong. If that bothers your tough t*ts.