If Eric Holder Makes A 2020 Run...

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
He has my vote already :whew:

Of course, he is the foremer AG under Obama and he was recently on Larry Wilmore's podcast, where he mentioned he is considering a run.

What are your thoughts? Hell, what do you think his chances are against Trump?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I can't believe this would even be considered. He's never run for public office in his life and he's not popular enough with any constituency.

On the right he's hated for Fast and Furious, the dropping of the case against the NBPP, and his close association with Obama.

On the far left he's distrusted for his refusal to prosecute the banks, his support for drone strikes, and his prosecution of whistleblowers.

The Marc Rich case will come up too, making him look like a Clinton tool and another part of the corrupt establishment.

Who is he listening to who is suggesting a run?

JJ Evans

All Star
Daps
Very unpopular opinion coming.....

As much as it pains me to type this, I have to keep it a buck with y’all.

A person of color, whether black or Hispanic, will not stand a chance of winning the presidency in 2020. This country just showed you that it’s still racist ass fukk, and will elect an unintelligent unqualified racist sexual abuser as President just because a black man showed the world for 8 years how smart Black Americans are.

There is no way that they will allow it to happen again anytime soon.

The Democrats best bet is to run Joe Biden at the top of the ticket with either Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Julien Castro, or maybe even Eric Holder as his VP.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I can't believe this would even be considered. He's never run for public office in his life and he's not popular enough with any constituency.

On the right he's hated for Fast and Furious, the dropping of the case against the NBPP, and his close association with Obama.

On the far left he's distrusted for his refusal to prosecute the banks, his support for drone strikes, and his prosecution of whistleblowers.

The Marc Rich case will come up too, making him look like a Clinton tool and another part of the corrupt establishment.

Who is he listening to who is suggesting a run?

Yup! If he ran, he'd be out of the race after New Hampshire.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
i dont think a former attorney general, unless a widely beloved figure, is going to really rile up people to get out and vote. especially because he isnt used to running in elections like that

A person of color, whether black or Hispanic, will not stand a chance of winning the presidency in 2020. This country just showed you that it’s still racist ass fukk, and will elect an unintelligent unqualified racist sexual abuser as President just because a black man showed the world for 8 years how smart Black Americans are.

The Democrats best bet is to run Joe Biden at the top of the ticket with either Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Julien Castro, or maybe even Eric Holder as his VP.
i think you took the wrong message away. to me, the last election showed that the democratic partys base is people of color now, NOT the educated white people or organized labor people thought it was. the most important thing is for the dems to make sure people of color vote. the racists are going to vote for republicans no matter what, dont even bother with them, but try to get some of the educated or organized labor whites who arent completely gone. but the priority should be non-white voters.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it's not right, but it's the reality of the current situation. i honestly think the dems have to run a young, energetic white guy in 2020 to beat trump. he just beat the most entitled white woman since Catherine the Great.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dems will use him and his legal mind to expose rethugs for their crimes and negligence