If Rick Ross doesn't sell more than TM103 will it be considered a flop?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:

are you nikkas delusional? do you ever think a day will come when you'll step outside your homes and acquaint yourselves with the real world? that's the reason i don't even see ross moving 200K. that nikka will reach around 160 - 180k, the range i expect for a rapper of ross' type. the nikka is not making any songs that appeal to white people or cornball nikkas. let's keep it real. he makes hard ass trap music. you think white people are going to bang hold me back??? :laff: chicks? fukk no. hood nikkas, and that demo is not buying cds at any appreciable level.

but this is why none of this shyt MATTERS, when we talk about ross, because the STREETS love ross. ross has the best movement in the game. his artists are selling because they're marketable. his video game is remarkable. his whole grind gains respect from big wigs in the industry, which is why he's been able to parlay that into other profitable ventures (mmg, specifically).

rick ross is almost like a glorified a&r. a damn talented one, at that. he knows how to put together dope albums. he has one of the best ear for beats. not just for his projects, but for other artists he works with/coaches. and people take notice of that. his music is about grinding, getting your team together, and making that money. nikkas in the streets fukk with that.

he will do 160-180 first week, give or take. the album's release will be immediately followed by several dope videos. singles will buzz. he'll create a synergistic relationship with meek's upcoming album that will benefit his own, only adding to more sales. ross knows what he's doing. GFID will DEFINITELY outsell tm103, at the end of the day.

Y'all nikkas think y'all slick,lowballing the number so if it happened to flop you'll be right and if he sells what he's SUPPOSED to sell u can fron like he outdid all the expectations against all the odds:krs: fuk outta here with that craziness....we supposed to believe u really believe Ross will only sell 10K more than Nas who didn't have the singles or hype Ross has....and stop with that "oooh ooh he's too street to sell"....dude has put out records with Usher,Omarian just put out a collabo album with his team for promotion....what records Jeezy put out before his album that wuz pop? Dude put out straight street shyt,street shyt that had no buzz apparently but did 233...y'all lowballin actin like y'all on sum humble shyt so when Ross does 300K y'all can hype it up like he outdid all projections:rudy: nah I ain't lettin that slide,the projection is 300K,and I expect him to sell that or close to it fairly easily off the hype alone

swerve

All Star
Daps
Y'all nikkas think y'all slick,lowballing the number so if it happened to flop you'll be right and if he sells what he's SUPPOSED to sell u can fron like he outdid all the expectations against all the odds:krs: fuk outta here with that craziness....we supposed to believe u really believe Ross will only sell 10K more than Nas who didn't have the singles or hype Ross has....and stop with that "oooh ooh he's too street to sell"....dude has put out records with Usher,Omarian just put out a collabo album with his team for promotion....what records Jeezy put out before his album that wuz pop? Dude put out straight street shyt,street shyt that had no buzz apparently but did 233...y'all lowballin actin like y'all on sum humble shyt so when Ross does 300K y'all can hype it up like he outdid all projections:rudy: nah I ain't lettin that slide,the projection is 300K,and I expect him to sell that or close to it fairly easily off the hype alone

Ross stans are :damn:

Jeezy stans are like :wtf: at their excuses

Cant bump Ross without feeling like im watching some rap video on Cartoon Network

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They very calculated with they excuses,they know damn well dude gon sell and have been proffessing it all year about how big he is,and how jeezys career wuz dead...now suddenly y'all humble?:childplease:

They know damn well Ross should outsell Jeezy pretty easily,I imagine em with the :scheme: face as they type tryna downplay it,so they can rub it in as sum incredible feat when it happens.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. I brought up CB's singles cause he had 3 more singles in the top 20 this time and they were mixed singles tech, rnb and even hiphop. I didn't say they weren't correlated I said they weren't 100% correlated. There is a range of factors singles being 1. And this time around he had 1 hot single and it was techno.

2. Madonna and Justin Bieber sold more first week, a flop is selling less than expected and no one who was expected to sell a lot has been out besides acts like Carrie Underwood, Madonna, Linkin Park and Bieber and they all matched or topped their previous sales. Just cause Future did 40k first week and Wayne a million doesn't mean that the market is down, just that 25 times more cats were interested in Waynes album. Just the other day an indie cat like Frank Ocean without a single out did 130k first week on iTunes.

1. Again, what does CB's "erroneously" labled "techno" record have to do with his sales especially when he also had "Strip" and "Sweet Love" as singles also? He also had "Til' I Die".

2. Madonna had a huge first week, but saying it wasn't a flop is laughable. She had the highest decrease in second week sales in music history. Carrie Underwood, Linkin' Park, and it looks like Beiber (unless his singles carry his album to platinum status) is also selling less than their previous albums. The highest selling album released in 2012 has sold more copies than all of those albums and only sold 199K in week 1.

When I say the market is down, I'm talking about overall sales not just a few handpicked artists. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that sales in 2012 are nowhere near where they were in 2011.

In regard to the first week, which this thread is really about, the ceiling for first week numbers period is 374K (Beiber numbers) thus far. The ceiling for a rapper thus far has been a little over 250K (Nicki numbers). These are two of the biggest artists out there and my point is that's a far cry from last year.

I'm not making excuses or saying it's impossible for Ross to do 250K-400K, but to project him doing those kinds of numbers and saying it's a flop if it doesn't is crazy.

swerve

All Star
Daps
Can 'yall shut the fukk up about CB? Nobody gives a fukk it reaching as shyt :sitdown:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
They very calculated with they excuses,they know damn well dude gon sell and have been proffessing it all year about how big he is,and how jeezys career wuz dead...now suddenly y'all humble?:childplease:

They know damn well Ross should outsell Jeezy pretty easily,I imagine em with the :scheme: face as they type tryna downplay it,so they can rub it in as sum incredible feat when it happens.

Oh you think you peeped game:pachaha: