If you have a preference love is not possible

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I was in the middle of writing about the idea of love and happiness a few nights ago. I guess I never really thought about it or focused on people's words, but I kept finding people that held preferences for say a specific race or height or skin tone. Those preferences were the basis of their infatuation usually, and when finding a person with the attributes of their desire and dating them over a period of time, they fell in love.

A lot of those relationships eventually ended. "Love" as they professed was a lie; it was more erotic "love", not love. Maybe I am looking at things from a limited point of view, but I don't think love as has been defined on a societal (my interpretation of it) level can hold preference. Because love as I have come to know of it is self-denial. A person wishing to continue to hold onto their preferences can never love because that person's obstinate nature does not have the capacity to love above the more carnal or erotic based version of "love".

That is my opinion though but wanted to get other people's thoughts.

What is your idea of love?

:jbhmm:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had a confortational wife...divorced her and said if I get married again its going to be to someone who stays quiet when I raise my voice, found me a woman from my mothers native land and I been happily married for 10 years.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I had a confortational wife...divorced her and said if I get married again its going to be to someone who stays quiet when I raise my voice, found me a woman from my mothers native land and I been happily married for 10 years.

Why did you choose the first woman?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in the middle of writing about the idea of love and happiness a few nights ago. I guess I never really thought about it or focused on people's words, but I kept finding people that held preferences for say a specific race or height or skin tone. Those preferences were the basis of their infatuation usually, and when finding a person with the attributes of their desire and dating them over a period of time, they fell in love.

A lot of those relationships eventually ended. "Love" as they professed was a lie; it was more erotic "love", not love. Maybe I am looking at things from a limited point of view, but I don't think love as has been defined on a societal (my interpretation of it) level can hold preference. Because love as I have come to know of it is self-denial. A person wishing to continue to hold onto their preferences can never love because that person's obstinate nature does not have the capacity to love above the more carnal or erotic based version of "love".

That is my opinion though but wanted to get other people's thoughts.

What is your idea of love?

:jbhmm:

emotional or erotic love NEVER lasts....

once you realize that love is a verb and a choice your life will be much better

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
emotional or erotic love NEVER lasts....

once you realize that love is a verb and a choice your life will be much better

Your last point means a lot and is what I addressed. "Love is a choice", and given that isn't it worth striving for as opposed to being closed off to it because of fear?

If all we do is go through life wishing to protect and wall off ourselves from the possibility of emotional pain, our lives won't be meaningful. Nor would we gather the necessary wisdom we need to grow because of fear.