If you wanna be a homeowner, move to the midwest

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
In Detroit you can buy two and four family flats for only $1K. You gotta put about $15-20k in them to fix em up but that will pay itself off in a year and a half charging $800+ rent per unit. Then after that it’s all profit.

Think I’m lying? Go to www.buildingDetroit.org
Good looking out, breh. I'll check this out. Any contractors you recommend?

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)

EastsideRio

Daps
Reppin
Good looking out, breh. I'll check this out. Any contractors you recommend?
I only contract out to local licensed contractors I find locally on Google for hvac, foundational, plumbing, or advanced electrical work (read the reviews). Everything else I just do myself from learning off of YouTube videos.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Metro area is not Detroit. We don’t play those games.
City of Detroit median income : $32,498 :sadcam: Poverty rate is 33%
Link: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/detroitcitymichigan,MI/PST045221
32k for AAs

these aint' great breh

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
i live in the mitten and unless you want to live in a decrepit 100 year old house in some depressing no jobs fentanyl town that hasn’t seen money or any type of injection of culture since the 50s you better be making more than fukking $50K….a lot more :francis:

That isolation might be some good

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
OK cool, now they can't complain and say that "There is no affordable housing in America"
Sure they can. Unless you have a WFH position the market dictates where you live. The average person can’t just pack up and move to Rockford Illinois on a hope and a prayer because the housing market is cheap.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Sure they can. Unless you have a WFH position the market dictates where you live. The average person can’t just pack up and move to Rockford Illinois on a hope and a prayer because the housing market is cheap.

If the housing market is cheap combined with a job market, sure they can move

And thats the case with alot places in the Midwest. People would just Juelz because they don't feel like moving

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
If the housing market is cheap combined with a job market, sure they can move

And thats the case with alot places in the Midwest. People would just Juelz because they don't feel like moving
I’m from the Midwest and the job markets are largely concentrated in the metro areas, where real estate is still expensive. Sure you can go out 30-45 min from the city center, but it’s not going to be a place we really want to live…unless you’re ready to deal with the passive aggressive fukkry. It’s easy to say “just move” but there are a lot of factors that go into settling in a new place.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I’m from the Midwest and the job markets are largely concentrated in the metro areas, where real estate is still expensive. Sure you can go out 30-45 min from the city center, but it’s not going to be a place we really want to live…unless you’re ready to deal with the passive aggressive fukkry. It’s easy to say “just move” but there are a lot of factors that go into settling in a new place.
Work is #1.

Finding a place to live is #2.

Pretty much everything else is negotiable barring strict family circumstances.

EastsideRio

Daps
Reppin
City of Detroit median income : $32,498 :sadcam: Poverty rate is 33%
Link: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/detroitcitymichigan,MI/PST045221
32k for AAs

these aint' great breh
You talking about flawed US Census statistics (that most Detroiters won’t even fill out) when Tenants paying the rent on time should be the only concern.

If the unemployment rate is 33% is because of disabilities, self employed or they just bums for real because it’s jobs galore around this bytch. GM, Ford, and Chrysler as well as parts plants like DANA, Magna, and Dakota starting off at 45k annually so almost everybody is working somewhere here with having just a HS Diploma.

Detroit is a hustler city, everybody making money off of something here. You gotta be here to see what I’m talking about.

EastsideRio

Daps
Reppin
Work is #1.

Finding a place to live is #2.

Pretty much everything else is negotiable barring strict family circumstances.
You got it skewed playboy. Work should only be #1 if you own your own company.

I’ll be damed if I put a JP Morgan Chase job over my happiness or my family and I’m a single guy.

EastsideRio

Daps
Reppin

Get it while it's hot

In the housing market I learned it ain’t a deal unless it’s a steal.

I’ll be damed if I’m paying on a ranch style home just outside the city for 30 years just to tell me years later that the neighborhood has declined because the suburbs are the new hood now