If you were Deity, A god lowercase g, a spirit? What would you personify?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
thats not true:

Thoth
Nebu
Hermes

etc all the wisdom/messengers fall under that umbrella

but common sense isnt always sense, but its usually common

I dunno. Usually they're all linked to the higher mysteries. Magic, science, maths, time. Except for Hermes, he gets treated like an errand boy most of the time. You don't get much in the way of commonplace, every day little bits of goodness from any of them. The little daily things, not the I-smote-Mikaboshi-and-made-a-soup-bowl-from-his-head kinda stuff.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I dunno. Usually they're all linked to the higher mysteries. Magic, science, maths, time. Except for Hermes, he gets treated like an errand boy most of the time. You don't get much in the way of commonplace, every day little bits of goodness from any of them. The little daily things, not the I-smote-Mikaboshi-and-made-a-soup-bowl-from-his-head kinda stuff.
thats an unusual take

Greece wasnt a monolith when it came to belief. Different city states had different understandings

in some Hermes was the father of the universe (father of Pan)
According to Hyginus' Fabula, Pan, the Greek god of nature, shepherds and flocks, is the son of Hermes through the nymph Dryope.[159] It is likely that the worship of Hermes himself actually originated as an aspect of Pan as the god of boundaries, which could explain their association as parent and child in Hyginus. In other sources, the god Priapus is understood as a son of Hermes.

in Egypt Djehuty (Thoth) helped fashion the universe as the source of primordial wisdom with Amun.