If you were George Lucas how would you feel?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nah b The Force Awakens is primarily for the first generation, not the third generation. It's the reason why the movie aint nothing but an imitation of a New Hope. They don't want this franchise to grow and evolve, just want it to be the originals all over again, you try and do something different like Lucas attempted to do with the prequels and it's suddenly "not Star Wars:scust:" :snoop:

Exactly.

I saw dudes talking about "This movie (TFA) is true to the 'essence' of Star Wars".

Muthafukk,a the essence of Star Wars is whatever George Lucas wants it to be :pachaha:

People always want to take ownership of shyt, nah HE was the owner.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
On one hand you got 4 billion dollars on the other hand it's like seeing your child get walked down the aisle by her step daddy who just popped up awhile ago.

I'd be fine. I feel like he's made his peace with it and wants to move on anyway. He's got more money than he knows what to do with and he uses it on so many philanthropic endeavors that I feel like that's where his focus is. Like donating money to USC and telling them that the film department can only use it for minority students. Shyt like that is what's going to make him sleep well at night. And dealing with something like Star Wars probably became too much stress on him anyway as what he wanted and what the fans wanted kept clashing. Similar to RZA and Wu fans the more that I think about it. If I were him, maybe I'd feel a bit of a tinge of "damn, there go my kids" but at the same time, I'd be proud and at peace which I'm sure he is.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Lucas donated his 4 billion dollar Disney check;

George Lucas Will Donate Disney $4 Billion To Education

He's still a billionaire so it's hard to feel sorry for him. :manny: I'd probably be a bit bothered that my career was always defined by just Star Wars but when I look at my bank account I'd be like "fukk it! I'm rich. :win:" as I sit in my beach house in the Hamptons.

Gains

Superstar
Daps
Lucas donated his 4 billion dollar Disney check;

George Lucas Will Donate Disney $4 Billion To Education

He's still a billionaire so it's hard to feel sorry for him. :manny: I'd probably be a bit bothered that my career was always defined by just Star Wars but when I look at my bank account I'd be like "fukk it! I'm rich. :win:" as I sit in my beach house in the Hamptons.

beyond the money and notoriety you know Lucas is a tortured artist on the inside

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
He's probably sad that JJ is getting all the love that he think that fans should have been showering him with all these years. I think he finally gave it up because the legitimate criticisms just became unbearable and he knew they wouldn't like anything he did within the future with the franchise with him involved. He don't need the money so that don't matter especially since he donated most of it anyway. the Wife was probably in his ear telling him to get out because it was stressing him out too much so he finally sold it.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
beyond the money and notoriety you know Lucas is a tortured artist on the inside

Oh yeah. Definitely He showed great promise with his early films like THX and American Graffiti and had Francis Ford Coppola's backing....then he couldn't get the rights to Flash Gordon (his favorite serial of all time) so Star Wars happened and that was a wrap.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
why does everyone hate episode 2 and 3 so much? They weren't perfect but solid enough IMO

Best parts of the prequels
Ep 1 - The beginning, middle scene with Maul, and the end fight scene. And of course Duel Of the Fates by John The Gawd Williams
Ep 2 - Yoda puttin in work
Ep 3 - best of the prequels.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Don't George has avatar coming?

I'm sure he'll be fine and always be tied to the star wars franchise