If you’re in Florida, don’t play when it comes to lightning..Woman struck yesterday while waiting for her kid at school

KRayner

All Star
Daps

This happened right by me. Lady and her kids were waiting outside for her other kid to get out of elementary school. It was storming bad yesterday and I saw a lot of lightning flashes. She, an 18 year old, and her other kid got struck. She died and the other two are in the hospital last I checked.

RIP and condolences to the family :mjcry:
Florida isn’t the lightning capital for no reason. If it starts to storm bad you gotta go inside or under a structure. DONT go under a tree, they’re natures lightning rods :damn:

KRayner

All Star
Daps
“Seminole County Fire Department reports the victims are a mother, her child, and an 18-year-old.

According to Winter Springs police, the mother, who accompanied the child, has died.

Capt. Doug Seely with Winter Springs Police Department said the mother and other family members were by a tree at Trotwood Park, waiting for a child to be released from school, when the lightning strike occurred.

Officials say the child and the 18-year-old are expected to recover.

A dog was also involved in the lightning strike but crews haven't been able to locate it.

The district tweeted that Keeth Elementary will have counselors on campus Friday to support students and staff members.”