Ike Ibeabuchi FIRST INTERVIEW since 1999 (2024)

morris

Superstar
Daps
I speak with Ike "The President" Ibeabuchi in his first video interview in over 25 years since his imprisonment. Ike was the most feared heavyweight in professional boxing who many believed would've beat Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, and Evander Holyfield.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Ibeabuchi vs Tua is required viewing....26 something years and its still one of the most ridiculous slugfests ever.

I STILL watch that fight every now and then. Very strategic slugfest.

I was shocked in the interview that he never sparred the top of his brass. I remember Tua used to spar with Holyfield.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I STILL watch that fight every now and then. Very strategic slugfest.

I was shocked in the interview that he never sparred the top of his brass. I remember Tua used to spar with Holyfield.
funny thing..it was really run of the mill...like tua was suppose to just KO him like he had been doing at the time...ike was super unknown...those 2 threw bombs at each other without as so much blinking...thats not a normal thing for heavies to be doing much less for 12 rounds..they were only 8 months removed from bowe-golota 2 and those 2 were fukking each other up with the bombs they were throwing..shyt was off the charts man..i love that fight

i hold that win dear because its like one of the last fights david tua came into the ring optimal in the 220s..ike beat a prime Tua

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:banderas:

What that nygga Ike did to Chris Byrd
hell yeah breh..i hated chris byrd's style...he used to infuriate me...ike sending his conscience into orbit with that uppercut put a smile on my face

of course i have all the respect in the world for chris byrd and his career as a whole...dude fought a legit row of straight killers in his career

morris

Superstar
Daps
funny thing..it was really run of the mill...like tua was suppose to just KO him like he had been doing at the time...ike was super unknown...those 2 threw bombs at each other without as so much blinking...thats not a normal thing for heavies to be doing much less for 12 rounds..they were only 8 months removed from bowe-golota 2 and those 2 were fukking each other up with the bombs they were throwing..shyt was off the charts man..i love that fight

i hold that win dear because its like one of the last fights david tua came into the ring optimal in the 220s..ike beat a prime Tua

At :18 of the 11th round, Ike got hit with a right that clearly wobbled him (ko's every other HW); crazy is he came back with a left to end the round (that probably ko's all other hwa)
hell yeah breh..i hated chris byrd's style...he used to infuriate me...ike sending his conscience into orbit with that uppercut put a smile on my face

of course i have all the respect in the world for chris byrd and his career as a whole...dude fought a legit row of straight killers in his career

this fight was a gift and a curse. He was the #1 contender having beaten the brawler in Tua and master boxer in Byrd. Ike got too full of himself and went on a binge

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Tua vs Ibeabuchi is one of the greatest Heavyweight fights ever; especially a for a non-title fight. I think Ike complained of headaches after this fight too. There's not too many fighters that could sit in the pocket with either & go a full 12 in their prime

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tua vs Ibeabuchi is one of the greatest Heavyweight fights ever; especially a for a non-title fight. I think Ike complained of headaches after this fight too. There's not too many fighters that could sit in the pocket with either & go a full 12 in their prime
all facts

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Extraordinarily talented but turned into a bit of a dikkhead after the Tua fight. Because of that, I'm not sure what would have happened with his career.

He hit Chris Byrd hard as shyt.