I'm a Middle School Teacher in the Hood Who's Losing Hope For our Future AMA

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I don't know if I can keep doing this brehs :mjcry:

I love my people but this some nonsense :mjcry:

I don't do it but I'm starting to understand how teachers can tell kids they not gonna amount to anything :mjcry:

This school system is destroying our kids :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

I got the inside dirt, AMA:mjcry:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
when the parents don't care, you can't expect the kids to either.

and if they don't have time to care, then they shouldn't have had the kids in the first place.

too many schools are glorified daycare and it's fukkin sad esp for the kids that are trying.

Truly sad part is, it's really not the kids fault.

until the parents start being held accountable, nothing will change.

At least you tried to give a fukk.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Is it the kids or the school or what?

It's the fukking parents breh, they want school to raise their children. Kids come home and parents can't cope so they stick their kids in front of screens all day and expect their kids to act civiliized in school.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Teach at a private institution and tutor the kids at your school for free in your spare time? Start a non-profit after school program where you can integrate you own style of learning and not be bound to the rules of the school system. A sports league, chess team, self defense, boxing. Also lousy parents LOVE dropping their kids off to shyt. You don't need their input and you can just do you. You can be influential without making it your main occupation.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
It goes beyond just the school system. nikkas just dont take education seriously:yeshrug:. My high school was like 70% black and the students with the top 10 highest gpa's were all either asian or white. I know yall are gonna get emotional and neg me but it is what it is.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
when the parents don't care, you can't expect the kids to either.

and if they don't have time to care, then they shouldn't have had the kids in the first place.

too many school are glorified daycare and it's fukkin sad esp for the kids that are trying.

sad part is, it's really not the kids fault.

until the parents start being held accountable, nothing will change.

At least you tried to give a fukk.

Went to one of the 8th gr basketball games this year. 2 women a few rows in front of me were arguing with the ref. It wasn't bad and the ref was kind of joking back with them but one chick says 'you can kick me out. I don't care. I ain't care when I went to school here I damn sure don't care now' :snoop:
This is a mother at her kids game talking stupid like this. And sho nuff her son acts a damn fool half the time too (though he's mild compared to other kids) :francis:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of the Lake
my co worker needed me to dropped him off down the street from our job about a month a go for a parents teacher meeting, they was having outside..

and man, he was the only black man with his wife there for his kid.... i only saw sisters by themselves with about 20 to 30 kids...

i was like damn, this is ridiculous... parents have to do better being a part together for their kids

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
It's the fukking parents breh, they want school to raise their children. Kids come home and parents can't cope so they stick their kids in front of screens all day and expect their kids to act civiliized in school.

That's 1 part. We call parents all the time about kids wildin. I stopped 2 months in. About 80% of the time they never call/email back if you can even reach them. 10% the kids straighten up for a few days but then get wild again, 10% nothing happens either way. They got no standards for they kids.

Other issue is the government treats school like babysitting. We got kids in 8th grade that literally haven't completed an assignment in 3 years. No lie. They haven't done any work at all and get suspended every month but they still in here wildin. And they still pass

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It goes beyond just the school system. nikkas just dont take education seriously:yeshrug:. My high school was like 70% black and the students with the top 10 highest gpa's were all either asian or white. I know yall are gonna get emotional and neg me but it is what it is.

Shyt is disgraceful, education is the best way to get out of poverty.