I'm applying to an HBCU for grad school brehs and honestly I'm excited

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I've finished up my statement and I'm ordering my official transcripts and getting my recommendations in order. So far my only issue is the complete lack of transparency and communication. I emailed multiple staff members in the grad program as well as admissions over a week ago and still no response. As someone that has always dealt with white schools this is confusing to experience because they will contact you back within 24 hours or less. Deep down though I'm not being too hard on them for this as I understand that HBCUs are under staffed and lacking funding. So I get it.

It's not going to stop me though. I'm being persistent. Looking at the classes available and the fact that I'll be surrounded by supportive black people that have similar dreams this just looks out to be my dream school and I really want to experience this. I hope I get in inshaa Allah :lupe:

Oh, and all the people I keep seeing on the website are women. If I get in I'm going to eat. I can't imagine being surrounded by fine ass nerdy black women (my type).:gladbron:
:blessed:

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
College is a scam be your own boss I know someone who flipped Covid check now they have a fleet of 13 trucks and run loads coast to coast.DM for more info #tap in# #generationalwealth#:troll:

Good luck though young breh EAT them books and get them college girls:wow:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
What you studying breh? Where you apply?
I want to tell you so I'll DM but I don't want to catch any strays in today's world. You know how sexist and homophobic we (and especially myself) can be. I ain't gonna make any room for anyone to ruin my lunch after what I've written on this site.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Oh, and all the people I keep seeing on the website are women. If I get in I'm going to eat. I can't imagine being surrounded by fine ass nerdy black women (my type).
Are you serious about school because as someone who’s going through it, I’ll tell you, you’ll barely have time to be worried about women if you’re really on your grind. You can’t coast thru this fam. I tried my first time around and it was super stressful. This current time is even more stressful and got me questioning whether I even want to deal with this shyt all over again.