I'm between wanting to pack up everything and travel the world full time & wanting to buy a little house in the middle of nowhere and live a slow life

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
How would somebody travel the world full time?

Are you saying retire and travel, or find something to do that can correlate with traveling full time

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
And how do you “slow travel”?
Instead of touring...you pick one spot and spend a week or so there...pick another spot rinse and repeat.

Tourism is horseshyt. Experiencing culture is where it's at.

Don't get me wrong I've seen the sites when I was younger but I realized...

Money stretches further this way...more energetic, more engaged, ability to stay longer.

I've done trips of up to 6 months which my limit of being away from the states.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Are you saying retire and travel, or find something to do that can correlate with traveling full time

1) Offline Passive Income - bonds, real estate, pension (a lot of passport bros are retired military - One Master Teacher and Chocolate Thai dude that was hugged up with super inked Thai "show girl")

2) Online Active Income - most of the content creation, drop ship, crypto, social media marketing, SEO, Amazon Affiliate, Affiliate marketing, Kratom, etc. 1% actually have a job with a multi-national corporation or some legit start up job.

3) Turn traveling into your job - Ace, Czech in Effect, Marianna Dey, Tayo Aina, Wode, Chad Bee - and all the rest - savings + outrageous thumbnails + hotspots for everyone + emails to tourist boards... And there are so many sub-genres outside of SexPat/Sex Tourism travel
  • Wannabe Bourdains
  • Wannabe Indiana Jones
  • Luxe Travel
  • Cheap Travel
And if it's a guy doing the alternative, the unsaid assumption is that he's a sex tourist/whoremonger/Tinder guy trying to use American game.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
1) Offline Passive Income - bonds, real estate, pension (a lot of passport bros are retired military - One Master Teacher and Chocolate Thai dude that was hugged up with super inked Thai "show girl")

2) Online Active Income - most of the content creation, drop ship, crypto, social media marketing, SEO, Amazon Affiliate, Affiliate marketing, Kratom, etc. 1% actually have a job with a multi-national corporation or some legit start up job.

3) Turn traveling into your job - Ace, Czech in Effect, Marianna Dey, Tayo Aina, Wode, Chad Bee - and all the rest - savings + outrageous thumbnails + hotspots for everyone + emails to tourist boards... And there are so many sub-genres outside of SexPat/Sex Tourism travel
  • Wannabe Bourdains
  • Wannabe Indiana Jones
  • Luxe Travel
  • Cheap Travel
And if it's a guy doing the alternative, the unsaid assumption is that he's a sex tourist/whoremonger/Tinder guy trying to use American game.

traveling as a job seems like it would take the whole essence of traveling out of it :scust:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

People travel the world full time now. Check instagram lol.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
traveling as a job seems like it would take the whole essence of traveling out of it :scust:

Agreed.

My dude Sly (Military disability, Airforce I think,) - who isn't heavy on the "girls and party" wave that a lot of Black Dudes are on

Tanzania

And seems like Lebanon a week or 2 later

He has just enough time to hit all the typical tourist sites, get some basic food...and then he's packing to the next country.
  • No time to ever chill.
  • No real time to learn the language and actually take part in the culture. (even if he stayed 3 months, I doubt that he'd be fluent enough)
  • In and out, in and out
  • No friends
  • No real females, unless she's traveling with you - even if it's "real love"- it's a level of sponsorship that folks might not be able to deal with.
Most of the folks on the digital nomad reddit that have "achieved" the dream - end up hating their lives. But they are so disconnected from friends and family back home, and the culture back home (usually America, but sometimes Europe and Canada) - that they become lost.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It's not as impossible as it seems....... I could do it right now if I wanted to. Just need a laptop and a good internet connection wherever I'd go.
I understand remote work but realistically how many fully remote jobs is out there, and it’s only so many places you can go if you need internet connection