I'm Glad I'm The IDEAL Son To My Moms (Always Do Unto Others As They Would Do Unto You)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Since leaving my job, I've stayed home to take care of my mother while my father works (leg amputation it's been a struggle, but it's getting a lot better) :mjcry: It's hard, but it's worthwhile. She tells me that she appreciate my help:blessed: Granted, I'm suppose to be moving up North in 4 months, so I won't be on here that often:manny: I want to do volunteer work, go into the reserves, and go back to college:jawalrus: It's so many things I aspire to be.

Why did I make this you ask? Because I used to be selfish, but I've changed a lot. I've put my ambitions aside to stick by family and loved ones. I'm a new man. A man with a mission and goal. I'm here to succeed and reach the mountain top :win: Nothing will stop me and don't let anything stop you either. Like I said, I want to run for public office one day and that's gonna be my goal. That's why I debate politics all the time.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Since leaving my job, I've stayed home to take care of my mother while my father works (leg amputation it's been a struggle, but it's getting a lot better) :mjcry: It's hard, but it's worthwhile. She tells me that she appreciate my help:blessed: Granted, I'm suppose to be moving up North in 4 months, so I won't be on here that often:manny: I want to do volunteer work, go into the reserves, and go back to college:jawalrus: It's so many things I aspire to be.

Why did I make this you ask? Because I used to be selfish, but I've changed a lot. I've put my ambitions aside to stick by family and loved ones. I'm a new man. A man with a mission and goal. I'm here to succeed and reach the mountain top :win: Nothing will stop me and don't let anything stop you either. Like I said, I want to run for public office one day and that's gonna be my goal. That's why I debate politics all the time.

Why do you think that you were selfish before? What sparked the change ?

Good luck to you , breh.

The way you manhandled @88m3 during the HL cast was lovely

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Why do you think that you were selfish before? What sparked the change ?

Good luck to you , breh.

The way you manhandled @88m3 during the HL cast was lovely
I made it always about me and no one else. Also, I think the change first sparked when my mother had the stroke. I was still selfish after that (three years ago) until this recent incident. Then, I became bitter and got closer to my mother. That gas station job didn't pay and they cut my hours, so I left.

Also good luck to you too breh :salute:

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Good luck breh. As long as you keep a straight head you'll be fine.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
I think you need to focus your energies on the thing that will make you the most money.

Running for public office is a nice dream but in actuality there are many many things that go into it. Unless you have the gift of gab like Obama do you really think it's worth it to pursue that uphill battle?

As far as volunteering goes, are you financially set enough to even be able to volunteer your time freely like that?

In terms of taking care of your mother, I think it's best you focus on getting a high paying job so you can pay for quality home health care for her.

We as a people need to focus on generating income primarily right now, nothing else. Healthcare, Housing and just living is expensive. Get focused on how you can generate more income.

Once income is stable, everything else will fall into place.