I'm in supply chain dealing with the fukkery AMA; Update: Chip shortage until at least 2022

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
@יוֹאֵל

:lolbron: You guys still sending Vlad his checks

U.S. Seafood Imports from China Likely Russian Fish
Shortcomings in import regulations means that Russian-caught pollock, salmon and crab are likely to enter the U.S. despite recent bans.

That's open industry knowledge but it's interesting given the open hostility now..I highly doubt the US would do anything to potentially make food costs go even higher with punitive measures against China but I've been wrong before.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Just chiming in from a consumer perspective here. I bought some furniture back in December 2021 and I won't get them shytz until September of this year...if that :unimpressed:

Also, will gas ever reach normal/lower levels? I may have to start working from home to save up.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
The US will have food. It'll just be more expensive.

Pray for Africa.

And yes, casually sleepwalking into WW3.
:mjcry: What's the driver, grain shortage cuz the war?
Just chiming in from a consumer perspective here. I bought some furniture back in December 2021 and I won't get them shytz until September of this year...if that :unimpressed:

Also, will gas ever reach normal/lower levels? I may have to start working from home to save up.
gas prices seem to be falling a bit

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
:mjcry: What's the driver, grain shortage cuz the war?

Yeah, a lot of African and Middle Eastern nations relied on Ukraine exports. Ethiopia had decent agriculture but their civil war helped fukk that up. Also bad weather and crop shortfalls are having China and India restrict exports. It's gonna suck.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Yeah, a lot of African and Middle Eastern nations relied on Ukraine exports. Ethiopia had decent agriculture but their civil war helped fukk that up. Also bad weather and crop shortfalls are having China and India restrict exports. It's gonna suck.
:wow:

Good thing I'm planning to build a little greenhouse. Hopefully this drives people to try to be more self sufficient