I'm interested in IT

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
LOL@ Project Manager wanting to be a developer WTF .....and using money as the motivation

Yeah this makes no sense.

I just took a five week course on Project management and I’m currently a certified IT professional. Sounds crazy.
One of my colleagues made that switch, although money wasn't the motivating factor. If you don't love this work, don't become a developer. It's just going to make your life more difficult.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
One of my colleagues made that switch, although money wasn't the motivating factor. If you don't love this work, don't become a developer. It's just going to make your life more difficult.

Oh definitely. I can’t wait to get in a actual job setting as a software developer to see how a normal day goes. I do at least a little developing everyday to better my skills and love it so far. I know the basics of Python, JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3. It’s good stuff.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
If you want money, maybe try to become a product manager. They actually make more than senior engineers at companies like Google.
Like others have said as a Project Manager you can easily make 6 figures with experience. If you do Agile sprints you already know how the developers split their tasks up and should have a good understanding of the working environment. Maybe start looking at the check ins the developers make for the sprints that you manage. You can see what's involved and if this is really something you want to do.

I feel like you already have a path to make money as a Project Manager, why start from square one at something that is harder and less respected (at non tech companies at least).