I’m Not Saying Martin Had To Be A Street nikka, But It Would Have Helped If He Would Have Tried To Work A Pack Or 2….Cause He Was A Broke Boy

King Poetic

Disciple Of God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Near The Lake
Martin had Rent money

Remember Gina had to ask Cole for $25 because she didn’t want to ask Martin, knew he probably didn’t have it

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
This is what I'm saying the show was realistic. It takes time to build to your way up. Especially as a Black man but Martin worked hard and he achieved his goals.
I agree. Of course we were too young to understand what was going on when it first came on, we were just laughing. It’s one of the most relatable shows ever in my opinion from Martin’s ups and downs to get to where he ended up, to Martin and Gina’s relationship. It’s a classic that will rock forever cause a lot of us see us in Martin, or one of the other characters. Martin wasn’t scared to let people clown him even after trying to be the man for the whole series lol. I love that damn show

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Martin was just one of them honest, upstanding, responsible brehs. I think he was shook of Mama Payne lowkey. Tommy, Stan, Hustle Man, all them nikkaz and perhaps more could’ve put him on.

shyt, Tommy worked at a school but he knew better than to make that his only gig he was prolly moving work through Nipsey’s….:russ:
He probably clowned in school and got disciplined a few times, until his mom laid the smackdown on him. He straightened up and graduated from high school with a 3.0.

I can't recall him mentioning going to college. He likely got into the radio business from his personality alone.

He was the real hustle man

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
He probably clowned in school and got disciplined a few times, until his mom laid the smackdown on him. He straightened up and graduated from high school with a 3.0.

I can't recall him mentioning going to college. He likely got into the radio business from his personality alone.

He didn't go to college. Gina did. But Martin stayed reppin HBCUs with sweatshirts etc.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Marty Mar still a street nikka from Detroit at the end of the day. You know he was gon get right. The fact that he lowkey acted like Mr. Krabs with the money shows that he had a lot of sense.

Cole on the other hand had a steady job with the airlines and still lived at home in the 90s. He shoulda been selling his flight benefits on the side but he loafed smh :skip: