I'm so sick of news reporters shamelessly appropriating Black Culture

Mrl HiGrnd

All Star
Daps

So we see this type of cultural appropriation shyt all the time on YouTube and so do people who work at news stations. They know viral fame will boost ratings for their local shows especially if it has anything to do with them doing a black dance/song/ fad. :rudy:

How you gon help perpetuate racism against blacks through biased reporting, and coverage of black people in the media; and at the same time take from the fruits of black media to profit off of ??:mindblown:??

This seems is dirty and hypocritical af to me

Am I overreacting?

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
They just having fun outchea. :ld:

Corny, terrible, arrythmic fun, but fun nontheless. :mjlol:

Thuglet

Banned
Daps
Reppin
A on everything thats whaddup
C'mon that shyt was created to be appropriated by white folks. Who you think are the largest demographic of people doing the whip or nae nae or whatever it is? White people. Who do you think are the ones replaying those songs all day? White people. Who do you think are making the creators of that shyt the most money? White people.

Just be happy that black people are the biggest demographic of hip hop/rap artists and are the ones that are getting the money

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I'm say like I said in a previous thread , our culture has been getting appropriated by whites since we ever came into contact with them , it isn't a new phenomenon :manny:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
synthetic soul having mutha fukkas.
cant even follow the drum.....they are un-natural
:scust:

wat6rr.jpg

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Be more specific when you say black. Are we talking about African American culture?

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
White guy hit the stanky leg surpsingly well :jbhmm:

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
I understand where you're coming from but there's nothing you can do about things like this. :yeshrug:It is annoying though because these are the same White people who look down on Black people, close car doors, cross the street, etc. What I feel is worse than this is when some Black people are like: :gladbron::krs: whenever White people appropriate certain aspects of Black culture.

Dev2103

All Star
Daps
ESPN are the worst offenders :sas1: although i get it with the demographics in the industry and they're trying to relate but sometimes it comes across a little forced. I respect people like John Clayton who just report the news as a regular dude without all the extras and antics like some of the other clowns...I do think SVP genuinely likes hip hop though. He has some bangers for entrance music on his show when i listen to the podcast:whoo: Truth be told twitter put a lot of people on to the lingo though...

Last edited: