Im the dude who runs the Meccapolis instagram page. Ask any questions

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
yeah i started with only the street shyt until i realized that NY as a whole got rich history. like in every aspect. even til today to be honest. new york culture never really died and its gonna come back in a big way because nikkas is tired of los angeles (shootings/robberies/extortion) and every rapper in atlanta is getting ricos.

🤣 the sub ay Atlanta and Los Angeles was unnecessary, you could still show love to NY without it...

Anyone could do what you do on your page for any city provided they have the key to the vaults like you do. I ain't with pretending like New York is the only place with a rich culture and if we being honest more is known of NY's history than ATL, LA or anywhere else because hip hop culture is centered there. For every "untold" or unknown NY layer, or story, there's those that ARE known and have already been spoken of...

These same layers exist everywhere especially in other large, influential cities like LA and The A, except even LESS is known of those cities because they don't have the NY stimulus...

I can appreciate that you grew up with a NY admiration and hold it in high regard, I just can't dig the unwarranted East Coast bias...

The page is dope though, I've seen it before and scrolled thru it, you definitely doing your thing with it!

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
🤣 the sub ay Atlanta and Los Angeles was unnecessary, you could still show love to NY without it...

Anyone could do what you do on your page for any city provided they have the key to the vaults like you do. I ain't with pretending like New York is the only place with a rich culture and if we being honest more is known of NY's history than ATL, LA or anywhere else because hip hop culture is centered there. For every "untold" or unknown NY layer, or story, there's those that ARE known and have already been spoken of...

These same layers exist everywhere especially in other large, influential cities like LA and The A, except even LESS is known of those cities because they don't have the NY stimulus...

I can appreciate that you grew up with a NY admiration and hold it in high regard, I just can't dig the unwarranted East Coast bias...

The page is dope though, I've seen it before and scrolled thru it, you definitely doing your thing with it!
those arent subs, those are facts

la and atlanta both have rich cultures and im knowledgable on both of those too

but rappers are tired of the los angeles extortion game and the robberies. i live out here nikkas are getting shot and robbed everyday since PPP money ran out

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
those arent subs, those are facts

la and atlanta both have rich cultures and im knowledgable on both of those too

but rappers are tired of the los angeles extortion game and the robberies. i live out here nikkas are getting shot and robbed everyday since PPP money ran out

I'm from out there, maybe I interpreted your quote wrong. Los Angeles and California in general have never gotten the appropriate respect for their influence on American Black culture, so when I hear people say they tired of LA it sounds like more of the same...

If I misinterpreted your post that's my bad...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I'm from out there, maybe I interpreted your quote wrong. Los Angeles and California in general have never gotten the appropriate respect for their influence on American Black culture, so when I hear people say they tired of LA it sounds like more of the same...

If I misinterpreted your post that's my bad...
Not sure about this one that’s more so in present day because the influence has waned.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Not sure about this one that’s more so in present day because the influence has waned.

The influence from all the legacy cities has waned, including New York, once the era of getting hot online and "going viral" blew up. This is part of what I'm talking about, we don't have to pretend it's '85 or '95 or even '05 when you needed a NY co-sign to get on. You can get on from Jacksonville to Louisville to Seattle to dozens of historically untapped hip hop markets now, it hasn't been a NY/LA dominated industry for years now...

Even Atlanta's influence has wanedwith the rise of untraditional markets like Toronto and, to a lesser extent, Dallas as heavyweights...

Hip hop was NY-centric early on because of the roots, understandably so. Then LA was the next major market to make serious noise. The sustainability of both as The Culture evolves and ages, the ability of both cities to still be relevant speaks to their relevance but oftentimes we have these conversations where we either backhand compliment LA or act as if NY has the same position in the game that it had 20 years ago at the expense of belittling LA's work...

I may have misinterpreted his post but East Coast bias is a real thing and you see it tangibly, I dislike it abd call it out. The "NY is coming back" thing, NY is already back. All these images of NY can be shared of every city, but NY has the platform to push itself the way eveb other heavyweight cities like Atlanta or LA can't...

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
Give me the lowdown on Just-Ice and King Sun in the streets of NY and the hip-hop community on their realness. I have heard that them two, especially Just were not to be messed with and had hands and violence for days.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for putting on for BK...a lot of dudes from these times did'nt make it

I was but a lad in this era but it really did force you to grow up fast

Holy shyt I'm old :mjcry:

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
This was an era of New York City where you was forced to grow up fast and guys in their early 20s carried themselves like men in their 40s do
This right here needs to resonate with many.