I'm thinking about becoming a Buddhist Monk

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Personally, I like the idea of letting go of the things I don't need. In fact I've done quite a bit of that in the last 2 years or so. Thing is, it's almost impossible to fully immerse yourself in that way of life if you live in big city like me for example. Especially if it's a foreign idea/belief and you're a stranger to it culturally.

Mostly though, I think becoming a Buddhist for example, is a waste of this one life we get. As much as I want self control and the ability to let go of a lot of temptations and to find "peace" within and make sense of the world, I wanna' live, breathe, touch and see! I wanna be a part of the human race!

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Personally, I like the idea of letting go of the things I don't need. In fact I've done quite a bit of that in the last 2 years or so. Thing is, it's almost impossible to fully immerse yourself in that way of life if you live in big city like me for example. Especially if it's a foreign idea/belief and you're a stranger to it culturally.

Mostly though, I think becoming a Buddhist for example, is a waste of this one life we get. As much as I want self control and the ability to let go of a lot of temptations and to find "peace" within and make sense of the world, I wanna' live, breathe, touch and see! I wanna be a part of the human race!

I think every human being should be prepared for the bolded. Because that's what happens when we die. Everyone you love, every item you own and cherish, all of it you'll have to let go of eventually. Even your own perception of self. Your very existence itself is temporary.

That's why I don't really get upset at things that probably would have made me extremely mad in the past, There's no point in me going crazy over something I have very little control over.

And whether we like to admit it or not, a large majority of us have very little control over what we do on a day to day basis. :ld:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

buddhism is not nihilism breh. the point of it IS to be part of the human race

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
buddhism is not nihilism breh. the point of it IS to be part of the human race

I want to experience the world I live in. I want to laugh with my family, love my wife, travel with my kids. Learn and create. I don't want to "sit" my life away. understand what I mean?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I want to experience the world I live in. I want to laugh with my family, love my wife, travel with my kids. Learn and create. I don't want to "sit" my life away. understand what I mean?

:childplease:buddhists do all the things you want to do

if you're talking about being a monk, then ok. even then, i'd say that's not really true. monks are a central aspect of buddhist communities and are probably more involved than laypeople.