I'm Thinking Of Going Back To College (This Is Very CONFLICTING)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm 22 and I might go back to college. Last time I was there I did decent. Didn't get my degree, but I plan on going back for a trade in fitness then get a degree :jawalrus: Right now my plan is to do CC. Then, I might go to Uni if I can get a scholarship.

Have yall ever been in this dilemma? Also, I suck at math, but I'm getting a lot better in it.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How much will it cost, how will you pay for it and how long will it take? If you're borrowing or cash flowing it, you want to make sure you're going to get a return on your investment.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 22 and I might go back to college. Last time I was there I did decent. Didn't get my degree, but I plan on going back for a trade in fitness then get a degree :jawalrus: Right now my plan is to do CC. Then, I might go to Uni if I can get a scholarship.

Have yall ever been in this dilemma? Also, I suck at math, but I'm getting a lot better in it.
if u do it, u should go for something you're passionate about...i was thinking about going back to school for writing....but of course it would depend on my financial situation

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
How much will it cost, how will you pay for it and how long will it take? If you're borrowing or cash flowing it, you want to make sure you're going to get a return on your investment.
I'm going to take classes at night. I'll never take out a student loan again. I'm one of the lucky one's who owe 10k. Just imagine if I had to owe 60k or 80k.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to take classes at night. I'll never take out a student loan again. I'm one of the lucky one's who owe 10k. Just imagine if I had to owe 60k or 80k.
How many classes in total do you have left? You thinking 2 years or maybe closer to 3 to finish?

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
I'm conflicted with getting a degree in Human Services or Africana Studies.

These majors aren't exactly always worth the financial investment or debt incurred.

If you're going to go back look at a 5 year MBA program since you're not strong in math.

If you can handle the math, an engineering or IT/programming degree are better investments.

The humanities :francis: you could graduate and still end up making 30k. It's a crap shoot.

Focus on technical or business degrees.

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
These majors aren't exactly always worth the financial investment or debt incurred.

If you're going to go back look at a 5 year MBA program since you're not strong in math.

If you can handle the math, an engineering or IT/programming degree are better investments.

The humanities :francis: you could graduate and still end up making 30k. It's a crap shoot.

Focus on technical or business degrees.

Most people can't handle the math in engineering courses. Also what tends to be forgotten is the physics and chemistry involved as well as labs that are difficult. What tends to cause people to drop out is the sheer volume of work and material they cover in the semester.

So it is all about drive and scheduling. Hence why engineering has such high drop out rates in the first two years of the degree.

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
Most people can't handle the math in engineering courses. Also what tends to be forgotten is the physics and chemistry involved as well as labs that are difficult. What tends to cause people to drop out is the sheer volume of work and material they cover in the semester.

So it is all about drive and scheduling. Hence why engineering has such high drop out rates in the first two years of the degree.

The engineering majors also often have to take classes more than once (so extra expenses) because it's challenging. I've seen a lot of them dropping classes and falling out to retake the next semester. Its definitely not a game.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im going back next year after i get my income tax....idk if i should just finish my bachelors at an online university, or just transfer to a CC since im already core complete and graduate after 15 hours.