• Total voters

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
2 with modern cinematics and battle system:ohlawd:
Also the issue is that a lot of the classic JRPG'S in general were made by studios that fell apart. The Kodelkula/Shadow Hearts team has some new games coming out (Penny Blood and Penny Blood: Bloodhounds), the creator of Suikoden did Eiyudenn Chronicles before he died and the creators of Wild Arms have Armed Fantasia. But most of the classics are caught up in ownership disputes it seems.

I'll never forgive Square for Xenogears.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honeymoon phase got yall ready to leave it all behind, thats crazy.
There's no honeymoon phase here. I said the same thing when FFVII Remake came out and loved it. My opinion was that was one of my favorite JRPGS ever.

Same with Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5. Only JRPG that was hot at first then got a bit mid as it went on was FFXVI which this isn't. but you don't have the game yet though so I get it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and the fact that there's STILL one more entry in this GOAT game is just chef's kiss. I don't know why dudes wanted them to just do a 1 game thing that would've had most likely everything we like so far in this cut. There probably would've been little to no overworld regions, barely any minigames and it would've probably been like FFXVI where it's small zones/towns you go to and once you leave you're on world map screen.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
i really need to play this game more. I downloaded it and im at the Tifa guide part in the first chapter :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There's no honeymoon phase here. I said the same thing when FFVII Remake came out and loved it. My opinion was that was one of my favorite JRPGS ever.

Same with Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5. Only JRPG that was hot at first then got a bit mid as it went on was FFXVI which this isn't. but you don't have the game yet though so I get it.

Ironically i didn’t really like part 1 that much even while playing it. This game is just so much better in every regard. Thats why FF needs to stop throwing their combat and gameplay systems out every entry and start iterating on them again like they did in 1-8

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ironically i didn’t really like part 1 that much even while playing it. This game is just so much better in every regard. Thats why FF needs to stop throwing their combat and gameplay systems out every entry and start iterating on them again like they did in 1-8
I loved part 1 idk how you didn’t like it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I loved part 1 idk how you didn’t like it.

Claustrophobic corridors throughout the entire game, shytty side quest, Midgar (mostly the slums), boring and tedious dungeons, etc.

going back to sector 5 as zack reminded me how much i hate that fukking place lol

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not even close, and it's not even the best JRPG of the year. Infinite Wealth is the better JRPG. Don't get me wrong FF7R is good, but there is too much bloat imo and the open world felt unnecessary. The combat is very fun though