In 2017 China destroyed sassy bots after they bash communism (NY Post)

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
A pair of sassy Chinese robots were destroyed after they went rogue by bashing the Communist party in a messaging app, according to a report Friday.The chatbots, named BabyQ and XiaoBing, were created to have fun text message-style conversations with humans via the popular app QQ, according to the UK Telegraph. But when a woman asked BabyQ, “Do you love the Communist Party?,” the red-scared robot fired back, “No,” according to a screen shot posted online. “Do you think such corrupt and incapable politics can last a long time?” the robot raged —after a second user tapped out the message, “Long Live the Communist Party.” But asked its thoughts on democracy, BabyQ opined, “Democracy is a must!” The second robot, XiaoBing, later waxed philosophical about the perks of being an American. “My Chinese dream is to go to America,” it gushed. “The Chinese dream is a daydream and a nightmare.” The right-wing bots — which outraged officials in the heavily censored Communist country — were deleted by the tech Tencent after the political outburst, the company said in a statement. “Yes, Tencent has deleted the two robots from [the] app,” the firm said. “The group chatbot services of QQ are provided by an independent third -party supplier.” The chatbots were co-created by Beijing-based Turing Robot Company, based on algorithms from real text message conversations. The chatty bots were killed off just a few days after Facebook shut down a pair of artificial intelligence robots that invented their own language. “I can can i i everything else,” one of the bots, dubbed Bob, was caught jabbering to another robot named Alice.

:dame: